General bleeding cinq brakes

Currently reading:
General bleeding cinq brakes

Ive got to bleed the brakes on the cinq tomorrow as I replaced the rear arms and so had the brakes disconnected. The're not quite as sharp as they were before.

Now anyway, Ive never done this before and dont really have much of a clue how to do it. Ok, I have a rough idea but dont want to just go making things worse so could someone please write out a little step by step thingy or point me towards something that explains it fully?

Another question, do I need to bleed all 4 brakes or will bleeding just the brakes I disconnected surfice in this situation?

Cheers

Last edited:
Ive got to bleed the brakes on the cinq tomorrow as I replaced the rear arms and so had the brakes disconnected. The're not quite as sharp as they were before.

Should have clamped the flexi section!

Now anyway, Ive never done this before and dont really have much of a clue how to do it. Ok, I have a rough idea but dont want to just go making things worse so could someone please write out a little step by step thingy or point me towards something that explains it fully?

Another question, do I need to bleed all 4 brakes or will bleeding just the brakes I disconnected surfice in this situation?

Cheers

I use one of those one way valve things. You may as well do all 4 corners as that way you'll be sure to have fresh fluid throughout.

Order is:

NS rear
OS front
OS rear
NS front

Crack the nipples open as little as possible, make sure there's always fluid in the reservoir (or have someone top up) pump till clean bubbleless fluid comes out, tighten up, onto the next one.

Nah dave you made me sit in the car and press the pedal :p I never actually saw what you were doing :( Got a pretty good idea though (y)

So do I just bleed each brake until I see no bubbles and top up the resevoir with new fluid after its done? Or should i empty out the resevoir, fill with new fluid and then bleed until I see the new fluid come out?

What fluid do I need to buy? What dot rating?

If it was me , I'd rather ensure that the reservoir never emptied.

Also

Do not press the pedal really hard, you can turn the seals inside out (and thats messy, lots of digested fish everywhere)

Don't clap, they'll throw fish.

Cheers

D

Back