General Black Cinq Sporting - Just bought!

Currently reading:
General Black Cinq Sporting - Just bought!

B3ndy

Hi,

Well it seems that I have just bought a black cinq sporting... another project! So as I am pretty new to the world of Fiat, where should I start? She is P reg and in pretty good condition, the original alloys are on there, a little curbed but other than that ok.

Just a couple of questions:

If you could buy one thing for your cinq what would it be?
What needs my attention first?
Is there anything renound for breaking on these babys?

Cheers guys, excellent forum btw!

Welcome to Cinq land.

This is a pretty open question There are lots of things I would like to do money no object but what do you want to do? the sky's the limit with cinqs if your pocket is deep enough

I'd make sure all the general service items are done and the fluids renewed if you haven't got a main dealer history a bit of good oil never did any harm (don't skimp with cheap stuff)

Clutch cables are a regular thing but some people are lucky and don't have on go (i'm on my third). For fifteen quid from fiat it's always worth having a spare. If you haven't used it when you pass the car on you can always sell it on ebay one of us will buy it

B3ndy said:
If you could buy one thing for your cinq what would it be?!

Realistically or not? Realistically Id say an induction system. Unrealistically Id say a bespoke 1242 16v turbo installation :)

B3ndy said:
What needs my attention first?

Anything broken? If it hasnt got a good service history or had a recent service, replace all filters, and check all the brake friction stuff and dampers.

Equally if its a project car, Id consider doing the water pump and head gasket just as a precautionary measure.

If its from a modding PoV Id say Induction, then Exhaust, then slap in a 1242 from a Punto. You can stick on bigger brakes from the Brava\o and the Punto GT though....Others may say handling and styling...

B3ndy said:
Is there anything renound for breaking on these babys?
Head gasket.
Rear engine mount if very lowered (-60mm or lower)
Handbrakes tend to get very poor if not maintained all the time!!

Other than that they seem to be reliable and tolerant of daily thrashing (Ive had 3 and only 2 of them kinda blew up on me :p)

B3ndy said:
If you could buy one thing for your cinq what would it be?

The answer's obvious............................

petrol :p

Welcome to FF :wave:

arseofbox said:
Head gasket.

Lol, thats why I have just bought it, it was a friends and the head gasket has just gone, I think getting it skimmed kind of scared him off!

Many thanks for all the help, I have lots to think about.

Ben

Back