P2154042.JPG

Cinquecento Black Betty- 1242 8v.

Introduction

So today I picked up Black Betty the 1242 8v Cinquecento Sporting off Blu73.
She already has some mods done and ive already got some plans brewing lol
I only picked it up about an hour ago so the pictures are dark and not very good but i will try and get some more tomorrow if I can.
The mods that she already has are, Obviously an engine from a punto 60 (i think, im sure blu will correct me if im wrong lol) 15" black alloys that will be getting changed to sei abarth alloys as soon as possible, omp front strut brace, gsr induction which i need to buy a new filter for, momo detachable steering wheel, cobra bucket seats, smoothed front and rear bumpers, punto gt front brakes, tinted rear lights, debadged boot, sports centre section and janspeed backbox. Cant think if there is any more at the moment but i will add them on if i remember
P2154048.JPG

P2154047.JPG

P2154046.JPG

P2154045.JPG

P2154044.JPG

P2154043.JPG

P2154042.JPG
Re: Black Betty- 1242 8v

Enjoy :) I feel weird not owning a cinq anymore - really made me want to get seiT sorted as my daily driving it today though..

You pretty much got it all there.. Few more little details, she has red dash LEDs, block is red. arb has been painted red as well (underneath). Shocks are painted to match the rocker cover. Front calipers are blue. And the wheels if anyone is interested as sure they will be for sale soon are TSW Alpines painted same black as the car, 15". Probably some little bits we have both forgotten though..

Needs a good polish and hoover out, just haven't had time to sort that out for you. Sorry. Get some pictures up when its done though as she looks awesome all shiny!

As i said before, if you need any help with ought, just hola ;)

Petento said:
Lovely Cinq would love to see this in person to get some more ideas for my cinq
It would have been on my drive if you had come to pick the bonnet up already, the collection is one smaller now but still got a few you can look at while your here ;)

Last edited:

Enjoy :) I feel weird not owning a cinq anymore - really made me want to get seiT sorted as my daily driving it today though..

You pretty much got it all there.. Few more little details, she has red dash LEDs, block is red. arb has been painted red as well (underneath). Shocks are painted to match the rocker cover. Front calipers are blue. And the wheels if anyone is interested as sure they will be for sale soon are TSW Alpines painted same black as the car, 15".

Needs a good polish and hoover out, just haven't had time to sort that out for you. Sorry. Get some pictures up when its done though as she looks awesome all shiny!

As i said before, if you need any help with ought, just hola ;)

It would have been on my drive if you had come to pick the bonnet up already, the collection is one smaller now but still got a few you can look at while your here ;)

Ah yeah, i got the most important ones at least :p
Im tempted to keep these alloys as winters but im not sure yet. Yeah i need to see if the LED's you found match the ones that are already in there or not but it was too dark to tell. I like how easily everything just pops out of the dash though like the window switches
Ill make sure she is polished and clean for the Yorkshire italia event so you can see her in all her glory then. Might even have the sei alloys on by then but thats being optimistic haha
I might need a hand fitting the new speedo cable if i cant figure out how to do it but im gonna order one now (or i might pop into the factors near your house to see if they can get one for me)

project parts.. dude that owns it is called Mark ;)

@fingers: I quite like the wheels on it tbh but its just not powerful enough for 15s really, drives ok but 8v NA cinqs i have driven on 14s feel alot better.

Yeah thats the one, even if i have to pay a little bit more, id rather give it to somewhere like them instead of an ebay site or alike.

i've nearly always had 5.5j wheels. Your right about pricey tyres but they handle fine on a set 185s if they are good ones.

My old sei had stock sportng wheels and then GT3 wheels.
Turbo cinq had them lancia 14x5.5 wheels.
Sei has abarths on.

Betty has 195/40r15s if my memory serves me right..

Yeah well i dont mind paying a bit more for tires really, and im going more for looks than handling at the moment. Never know what the future holds ;)
For the GSR im not sure if i should get another mushroom filter like the one thats on or a cone filter

I don't know the definitive answer to that but i would think cheapo foam filters like that one don't perform as well as say a K&N cone filter. For actual performance you probably can't get better than a BMC CDA though i reckon.

lol yeah but i cant afford to spend that much on a filter :p
I might go for a known brand filter, either mushroom or cone. Whichever comes up first

Back