Black and White Printing

Currently reading:
Black and White Printing

goneleft

I have a Epson DX4400 printer. Basically i want to print a black and white document but it won't let me due to the fact it has ran out of cyan ink.
Does anyone know any way to overide this function and make it print or any other way i can get it to work?
Cheers

Epson want you to buy a new cartridge (and keep buying them if they dry up, even if you haven't used it). I've seen this before (on a different model though) and there was no way round it.

The Epsons I've tried won't let you do that. Even if you don't want colour, it won't work without working colour cartridges in.

It's another dirty trick by the manufacturers and a very good example of why the cheapest printer isn't always (hardly ever anyway) good value for money.

I paid £110 for a (new) HP1100d business-type printer that I got a continuous ink system for - another £70 at the time but a lot cheaper now. I even bought a second-hand HP1100d off eBay for spares if I ever needed them - but haven't - for £20 (including delivery.....:p).

Had the printer for 3 years printing 20-30 sheets per day. Only needed one refill (£15) in that time. Taking an average of 25 sheets per day that works out at 0.7p per page.

It's all a mix of text, pictures, photos.... you name it. Printer is still going strong which means each page is effectively costing less and less....

How much does YOUR printed page cost?

Back