Styling BK Racing Alloy Wheels Wobble Bolts. Help Please

Currently reading:
Styling BK Racing Alloy Wheels Wobble Bolts. Help Please

iadej

hi there people.
Bought these bk racing wheels the other day

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261017723175?ssPageName=STRK:MESOX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1562.l2649

the problem is that they are 4x100 and as you know, fiats are 4x98
thought id be able to sort this out with wobble bolts, which is the reason why i bought them, however when i went to the shop, the wobble bolts wont go past the holes on the wheels. The sales assistant said there would be no way of finding smaller wobble bolts, which i dont truly believe?

can anyone tell me if this is true, and if not where can i find a solution.

thank you

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Hi,

I might not be helpful, but there is one other way.

Wheel adapters. I don't know how good they are, or how reliable they are. I don't rly trust wobble bolts, but if thats the case, why not wheel adapters? I never tryed any of those (wobble bolts or adapters) so i can't give you more info.

Firstly, I'm assuming that the BK's have the right offset (ET) for your vehicle (I don't know what Stilo standard offset is so don't ask :p)?

Whip one of your standard wheels off, stick a bolt in one of the holes and measure the exposed length of thread at the back. Assuming (again) that the BK's came with some straight bolts, pop one of those through the hole and do the same. Ideally, the exposed length should be the same. You then measure the full length of the threaded section (shank) of the bolt you put through the BK wheel and either add or subtract the difference between the 2 exposed amounts (if any) to find out what length of new bolts you need. Hope that makes sense ;)
Of course, if you didn't get any bolts with the BK's then you'll have to make an educated guess, you still need to know how much your standard bolts are exposed at the back of the standard wheels, you'll then have to try and measure the distance from the bottom of the tapered section of one of the BK's bolt holes to the mounting face of the wheel. I don't know a better way to describe it so will try to find a picture if needs be.

WALL OF TEXT!!!

Firstly, I'm assuming that the BK's have the right offset (ET) for your vehicle (I don't know what Stilo standard offset is so don't ask :p)?

Whip one of your standard wheels off, stick a bolt in one of the holes and measure the exposed length of thread at the back. Assuming (again) that the BK's came with some straight bolts, pop one of those through the hole and do the same. Ideally, the exposed length should be the same. You then measure the full length of the threaded section (shank) of the bolt you put through the BK wheel and either add or subtract the difference between the 2 exposed amounts (if any) to find out what length of new bolts you need. Hope that makes sense ;)
Of course, if you didn't get any bolts with the BK's then you'll have to make an educated guess, you still need to know how much your standard bolts are exposed at the back of the standard wheels, you'll then have to try and measure the distance from the bottom of the tapered section of one of the BK's bolt holes to the mounting face of the wheel. I don't know a better way to describe it so will try to find a picture if needs be.

WALL OF TEXT!!!

wow thanks for the reply.
but i didnt really understand sorry lol.
i dont have the bolts for the bk wheels :(
i dont know what the offset is either.
but they were originally bought new for a corsa, if that helps.

thanks

Offset is pretty important, it'll be stamped on the wheels somewhere, something like ET45 or ET30. It's the difference between 'no problem', 'will go on with spacers' or 'not going to work at all, give up now', and needing spacers will necessitate longer bolts, so find out the offset. Also the centre hole will have spigot rings for a Corsa, which has a centre bore of 56.1mm, Fiat need 58.1mm so you may need to get new spigot rings too.

is the issue the length of the bolts of the diameter. Do they actually fit the recess they go in. There is nothing wrong with wobble bolts as long as you tighten them up correctly. Is the centre bore correct or have you already got the correct spigot rings.

Back