Bit of Ebay advice please

Currently reading:
Bit of Ebay advice please

Dobby

Barney, Dennis & Larry
Just bought a digital camera off ebay for £45 with stated p&p of £8.35

The invoice the seller sent included an additional charge of £53 when we questioned him about it he replied saying:

post and packing is £8.35 for recorded which would be £53.35 or standard £6.83
which turns out at £51.83 i have checked it and according to its size and weight
via the new post giudlines thease are correct prices. if you would like me to
send it 2nd class i will happily find out postage as i understand it is a little
expensive.
please let me know so i can get the item to you as soon as possible.
Many Thanks

CAN ANYONE MAKE SENSE OF THAT??? AM I MISSING SOMETHING CAUSE I'M BUGGERED IF I'M GONNA PAY HIM MORE THAN THE CAMERA SOLD FOR

Sounds like A) Hes made a mistake somewhere, B) hes trying to have you over.

I would refuse to pay until he can clarify.

Did the listing actually state P&P seperate or did he just mentioned it in his listing as text? If the latter, then I'd say he's made the mistake.

she said aditional charge of £53 not all in.

I'm fed up of ebay. I bought a digi cam to go on my big trip with, it required a new charger, but the guy wanted me to pay the BIN price in order to get teh 128mb card with it. I wasn't interested in teh card, as I had just bought 3x 1GB cards for less than the difference was.
anyway. he lied, and said he had sent it. i had paid for RM special delivery 24 insured to the original RRP, and he later stated he had sent it std parcels uninsured and it wasn't his fault they had lost it.
I took it up with ebay, but they just said it was 'too soon' to report it missing.
then I left for abroad for 7weeks. w
when I returned it was 'too late' to report it, ebay wouldnt do sht about it, just said report it to the police, which I duley did, and they said teh amount wasn't worth worrying abotu and fobbd me off.
I finally got his contact details partly thru ebay, and partly thru the police.
both details were wrong, he's left the house, left his work, and changed two mobiles, and landline, and his name doesn't appear in that county register any longer.

So basically I got well and truley bum raped.
not once, but twice.
Since I had no camera, I went out the day before I left and bought a POS camera in comet that accepted the same cards. found it to be a rubbish excuse for a camera. It broke down 3times whilst on hols, loosing me 8days of the most fantastic scenery and people (n) (n) .
and when I returned and tried to get a refund for the POS camera i had bought from comet, they now have a 'manufacturers report' stating the camera was possibly damaged from manufacture, but possible damaged from usage. so because they are not sure, and I used the camera without immediatly returning it (yeah, like theres a stinking comet in outer mongolia :rolleyes: ). they will not refund me, and have landed me with a bill of £108.50+vat for the pleasure of having it inspected.

its bang out of order, and I had a letter from a debt collecting agency for teh amount last week.

I will KILL or seriously HURT that ebay muffer bum raping tossppot. RIGHT after I'm finished with comet:mad:

The way hes made it sound is correct, but sounds like hes added the whole total of the cam and the p&p under additional charges and dosent understand that u dont add the price of the sale in additional charge just the postage.

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
just pay the £53.35 you owe him and he'll post the camera. its easy for a beginner to make mistakes on the invoice, no need to get excited about it, we were all ebay newbies once :)

but looking at your link, he is right, though :confused: You bid £45, plus you need to add the p&p to the £45. The total is either £53.35 or £51.83 depending on which option you go for. Plain and simple to me.

Last edited:
I'm not getting excited about it jug, i'e only just realised what it he's done.

centaur said:
but looking at your link, he is right, though :confused: You bid £45, plus you need to add the p&p to the £45. The total is either £53.35 or £51.83 depending on which option you go for. Plain and simple to me.

On the invoice he has added an ADDITIONAL £53.35 to the invoice under additional charges which has bought the total to over £102, thats what confused me till i realised what he'd done

Dobby said:
On the invoice he has added an ADDITIONAL £53.35 to the invoice under additional charges which has bought the total to over £102, thats what confused me till i realised what he'd done

Ah! Sorry it was my mistake then, now I understand.

In that case he is VERY wrong. According to the link all you need to pay him is £53.35 (or £51.83 if you choose that option). Just send the correct payment via paypal, and that should be the end of that. If not, then eBay will soon get involved, especially as the proof of the auction and the page showing it is obviously visible to eBay, and either educate him in the error of his ways, or ban him.

Either way, you are right. :)

Back