General Bike rack's and the HP

Currently reading:
General Bike rack's and the HP

Omad

Want's cheaper petrol!
Hi guys, im looking to get back into cycling and im after so advice on what bike racks people are using on the hp's if at all, i dont have roof bars at the mo but should i require them for a good rack i will invest in some, anyways any info is appreciated :D

Last edited:
He doesn't have roof rails, so that point is moot. I have the crossways bars, cost £38 from Fiat dealer. They mount to the same fixing points as the rails, but as you put them on each time you use them, you will tighten the bolts each time.

I have now too some crossway bars that are fitted in the same fixing points as the rails, but there's a problem. They are too far apart, and some of the racks and roof boxes might not fit. My Thule roof box is to short to fit, and the bike racks are in an extreme position. Ski racks however shouldn't be a problem.
So if you will use that kind of bars make sure the racks you buy will fit on them, and if they are bike racks you really must try with a bike on, or else you might have a surprise (not a pleasant one).

Back