104_2951.JPG

Punto (Mk2/2b) bigS' 2002 Mk2 Grigio Steel Punto Mia

Introduction

Hi everyone, just though I would post up my new Punto, I say new but I got it in May last year completely standard with 53000 miles and a full years MOT for £700. Not a bad replacement for my old Sei! Got the car with a couple of niggles like the usual rotten exhaust and nice creaky door check straps. Other than that and the ding on the front wing the car was a steal!

The car is a 2002 Fiat Punto MK2 1.2 8v Mia and nowhere near as fun or fast as the wee Sei I used to own but it is bigger and better for longer journeys! The modifications have been done on a very tight budget so any bargain has been bought!

Exterior I have done:
Colour coded bumpers and Skirts and spoiler (complete bargain for the condition off a sporting on ebay)
Lowered 50mm
Crappy but nice BK racing wheels (not proud of the wheels so abarth stickers had to go on the centre cap :p)
Headlights now de tangoed and white CCFL Halo's fitted.
Sides de stripped.

Engine mods/fixes:
Focus induction kit.
New clutch (didn't need it but wanted to be sure of the gearbox and clutch as my old Sei had a bit of fun with the boxes!)

I'm not spending a lot of money on the car so the future plans are small!

Future plans:
Fit the Supersprint back box I have.
Fit the 866 cam I have.
Bigger throttle body.
Possible 4-2-1 and sports cat (if a nice cheap set somes up 2nd hand!)

Fit the front splitter I have.
Black front Fiat badge.
Remove rear Fiat badge.

Fabricate and fit a complete sound system with Sound Quality in mind.

Other than that I don't think much will be done to it, I'm happy with it at the minute but I'm finding it hard not to miss the Seicento!

Any plans anyone else has to offer feel free and all comments and criticisms taken :)

After taking side strips off:
IMG20110718_001.jpg

The Halos (Really need to clean the headlights and refurbish the lens):
DSC_01224.JPG

And again (Super bright in daylight! and the bumper wasn't back on here!):
DSC_01104.JPG

One more:
DSC_01097.JPG

Rear (after all work):
104_2957.JPG

Front (Before Halo's):
104_2954.JPG

Rear again:
104_2951.JPG

The only photos I have on this laptop of my old car before I sold it:
189975_1715816853756_1188248843_31558067_3491304_n.jpg

IMG20110315_001.jpg
Reactions: hf turbo
Thanks for the comments, I actually think it looks better with the black mirrors and handles, works well as a contrast against the silver along with the wheels!

Not too sure what the splitter is off, it's way too square at the minute and maybe even too short but it's nice and deep and hopefully worth the work it will take to put it on!

Thanks,

Shannon

Was a Seicento, really nice too. it had a 1242 punto engine in it too, but thats enough about the Sei, the Punto has just been fitted with a supersprint back box, not the nicest to look at now though! I will get photos up asap!

Shannon

what is it about parking a car on grass that makes it look so much better? (except that last shot of the Seicento which looks basically like you've crashed into a hedge)

I actually really like the simple styling of this car the skirts and bumpers look great.
definitely colour code the wing mirrors, i feel you could leave the door handles as contrast to the black on the front and rear bumpers.

my only criticism is your choice of wheel something smooth and less busy would look better, and i'm not a fan of black wheels but to each their own.

good job :)

Thanks for the comments, if I had a big budget I would get some nicer wheels on it!

eamonnf - Sold the Seicento a couple of months ago, fancied a change and something bigger but I would have another in the morning! Was a real wee head turner.

Jamie mk2 - I got 4 ccfls rings on ebay. Actually bought a Mazda 6 kit with the 8 rings to try and get the right size but the smallest ones were just big enough to sit in the recess of the reflectors. I can put some photos up of the process and installation of them but it's not pretty. I had LED normal ones but they weren't bright enough.

Thanks for all the comments!

P.s it's not the grass that makes the car look so good, they are just nice cars :p honestly the grass is always gonna make cars look better because of all the extra reflections you can get with a good camera, I didn't have a good camera though!

Back