Styling Bigger wheel tip

Currently reading:
Styling Bigger wheel tip

ninja_linesman

Hey guys, Just incase ur interested, I know sum of you have ditched ur 15s cos they were too much hassle etc.. but I went to my local mod shop and today and asked about the 15s rubbin the wheel arches - (In Cardiff every body shop I rang was utterly reluctant to roll the arches 'incase the paint cracked' or had never even heard of the process) the guy in the sop gave me these rubber spring things called SplitFire's that are strapped to ur rear springs and they worked a treat :)
They stiffen up the rear suspension loads and it aint that noticable when driven.
Im still gunna get my arches rolled sumhow tho so I can have 3 passengers

in that case would it be possible to fit a set to both front and rear springs? also, im planning on getting 14s for my sei but also planning for a 40mm drop, will this result in similar problems to just fitting 15s?

its not the diameter of the alloy that is the problem, its the width. if you can find an alloy that is 15"x5.5" with an offset of 30 and in a 98x4 PCD then it will fit perfectly onto a cinq. (good luck finding one tho!)

the alloys dont scrape the top of the inner arch, they scrape the outer rim because they are too wide to fit into the arch and so leave very little space for movement. you can get the arches rolled which will make them slightly wider but sometimes this can cause problems with paint cracking etc but some companies are actually good at it (eg. R-tec in hatfield).

I think that an alloy with a width of 6" is the boarderline for fitting into the arch... but you will need the correct offset (or within a few mm) to get it under the arch.

Just thought I'd point out that I've got a set of those "Splitfire Sport Spring Adjusters" that are brand new.

I was going to fit them to my car, but I got some Custom rear springs made up instead.

If anyones interested their £25 including the cost of postage to anywhere in the UK.

Please PM me if you interested.

Brian

it seems all of the wheels i find are 6" wide so i might just stick with a 20mm drop just to retain the cars original stance. Alessio do a nice wheel (Euro) in 14" but can't find offset or PCD for it anywhere! Does anyone know if Alessios fit Seis or Cinqs alright???

Ask Peaster2k about them, as I'm sure those are the make of rims he has on his ride.

Back