Styling BIG WHEELS little sei

Currently reading:
Styling BIG WHEELS little sei

Ok you lot heres the problem. I have a sei now and i had a marea (see sig pic). I still have the original 15" alloys from the marea. I tried them on without the tyre and although the stud dimentions are the same, the rim touches the strut. I've equired some 20mm spacers, from a mate so i've got that part covered but what i need to know is what size tyre will fit best without scubbing the inside of the arch away. I will of course be thinking of lowering it to, (not asking too much!) is this idea too adventurous or is it possible?:confused: c'mon guys what have you got?(y)

The J size is the width of the rim.. (Of course :rolleyes:)

You will be wanting quite low profile tyres. However, the lower the profile gets, the smaller the range of rim widths a tyre will sit on properly.

https://www.fiatforum.com/showthread.php?t=54325

example.. a 185/45R15 tyre will only fit on rims 6, 6 1/2 or 7 inches wide. A 175/45R15 tyre will fit on 5 1/2, 6 or 6 1/2 inch wide rims.

The bold number is the optimum rim thickness for they tyre.

You know I'm really suprised we aint had a cento person comment yet. I'm not sure how far you could go with the size. 195/50 would be great as they're much cheaper than other sizes however I'd imagine that would be a damn big wheel to fit in a cinq wheel arch. Thats the same size my Tipo uses :eek:

You may be limited how low you can go with 15s fitted

ideally mate we need to know the width of the wheel, as that will dictate the offset needed, the tyres needed, and can give a better idea of weather they will catch and how much u can lower it.

have a look on the inside of the wheel for a size stamp.... (y)

if they are nice and narrow (5.5" wide) like most small fiat wheels are then they will be easier to get on as its the width that causes problems gettin wheels to fit.

fixitagaintomorrow said:
The Marea HLX alloys are 6" x 15" et49

You'll need 195/45r15 tyres, or I see mytyres do 185/45r15 too which will give a tad more room.

Going on Petes figures i would go for 15mm spacers on the rear wheels to give an off-set of 34mm and on the front i would go for 20mm spacers to give off set of 29mm this would be the ideal off-set to lessen the chances of rubbing.

I run (on a Cinq) 14" 6J wheels with offset 35mm but with 8mm spacers at the front only, to give et 27mm, with 195/45 14 rubber.

There are many threads on it but standard wheels are 13" 5 1/2J et 30.5mm but with 3mm spacers as standard on the front, but Sei Abarths run 175/50 14 rubber (most have now changed to more affordable 185/50 14 rubber) on 14" 5 1/2J et 36mm but with 10mm spacers at the front only, so et 26mm.

i would if affordable run the 185/45 15 rubber as it wll give a slightly smaller rolling radius and be closer to the original.

HTH, Aaron.

Last edited:
Back