General Better fuel consumption

Currently reading:
General Better fuel consumption

Paul Jaggard

Has any one else noticed that if you follow a, preferably new, female driven, gas guzzler, into a filling station, that you can get around 20-30ccs of free fuel from what they have left in the nozzle?
At 65mpg, thats up to ... er er um .... 753 yards of free motoring, every time you fill up!
A 0.1% fuel saving.
Driving this diesel Panda with a trip computer is doing something weird to my brain, I always used to be as tight as an anorexic yorkshire/scots hybrid, but now!?!?

Paul Jaggard said:
Has any one else noticed that if you follow a, preferably new, female driven, gas guzzler, into a filling station, that you can get around 20-30ccs of free fuel from what they have left in the nozzle?
At 65mpg, thats up to ... er er um .... 753 yards of free motoring, every time you fill up!
A 0.1% fuel saving.
Driving this diesel Panda with a trip computer is doing something weird to my brain, I always used to be as tight as an anorexic yorkshire/scots hybrid, but now!?!?

This is a very worthwhile tip in these days of planetary warming. My urban MPG has gone up from 37 to 38.9 over the last month as the car has got 'run-in' . At this rate, in two years time it wil be doing 120 miles to the gallon...
:confused:

Paul Jaggard said:
A 0.1% fuel saving.

They don't care about the cost, as they are using hubbies bank account:) :) . It's a pity they cant drive these things either, have you seen them at Tesco's, what a laugh:bang: . I know a woman with a Jeep who drives around a car park looking for a space she can drive straight into, if she can't find one she goes home. Honestly! Why don't they just buy something smaller that they can handle:rolleyes:

Paul Jaggard said:
A 0.1% fuel saving.

The multijet panda is brilliant mine does 65-68 mpg easily i have never owned a car that does so much.

doblo said:
Same with me, but my Maestro diesel was nearly as economical.
Yes Maestros economy was brilliant. If I remember rightly, they had a direct injection Perkins engine. That'll be a tractor then.
We test drove one, but it made my wife feel ill :mad: , ended up with a metro!

Paul Jaggard said:
Yes Maestros economy was brilliant. If I remember rightly, they had a direct injection Perkins engine. That'll be a tractor then.
We test drove one, but it made my wife feel ill :mad: , ended up with a metro!
I had a Metro aswell that was the 1.5 diesel, not very good but economical. The hydrolastic suspension went so I got rid of it.

Back