Best Wax For £20-£30?

Currently reading:
Best Wax For £20-£30?

dazzastocky

Looking for a wax to start using on my rock and roll blue GP.

I have seen many reviews of collinite 915 or poorboys natty paste wax blue but what would you recommend for me to use from this sort of price range??

cheers daz

i dont think there is a massive difference between most waxes at that price range other then personal opinions, have you had a look at reviews on detailing world?

iv just started using collinite 476s and im really liking it

yeh i didnt think there would be a massive difference between the waxes it was more for peoples reviews on different waxes in that price range.
and yes i have had a look on dw but there are so many threads etc about different types/makes of wax i just wanted to know peoples views on here aswell before i go and buy some

yeh i didnt think there would be a massive difference between the waxes it was more for peoples reviews on different waxes in that price range.
and yes i have had a look on dw but there are so many threads etc about different types/makes of wax i just wanted to know peoples views on here aswell before i go and buy some

theres a few people that are very knowledgeable people on hear so sit tight and someone will come along :)

Looking for a wax to start using on my rock and roll blue GP.

I have seen many reviews of collinite 915 or poorboys natty paste wax blue but what would you recommend for me to use from this sort of price range??

cheers daz
Collinite 915 is excellent, beads for months, will last forever and gives a nice shine, same with the 476 which jipo mentioned.

Used a few dodo juice products recently and was impressed with them too, but I think its's rather expensive compared to the collinite.

Also depends what type you want, hard wax or soft wax?

i use collinite 915. does the job nicely for me.

Another vote for this one from me, use it all the time. It's easy to buff off; only drawback is it's perhaps not quite as durable as some of the other products. I reapply every 4-6 weeks.

Works very well on top of SRP & gives excellent beading. Good value, too(y)

:yeahthat: its my own fault for doing it when the bodywork is toasty, but its hard for me to find the time to wash/polish/wax and more often than not its been on hot days ive had the time. still learning with waxing tho so i may have put it on slightly too thick as well.

:yeahthat: its my own fault for doing it when the bodywork is toasty, but its hard for me to find the time to wash/polish/wax and more often than not its been on hot days ive had the time. still learning with waxing tho so i may have put it on slightly too thick as well.

i havent used 915 but with 467s i literally dab the pad on to the wax maybe a little wipe and then spread it out as thinly as possible

i give it a good few rubs with a damp cloth, but try spread it out as much as i can. think i need to try find a good medium between a light coat i cant see and a thick coat that makes the car look white. lol its the whole "less is more" approach i need to adopt incase it is me putting too much on. really need to clay my car at some point too. will help a hell of a lot.

Best wax out their for the cash is Collinite 476 - although it's a pain in the arse to get off..

If you wanted a really good result from a car - I'd have told you to get the Wolf's Chemicals Body wrap and Polish combination.

it's a sealant but it is fantastic! :D

It's all about the preparation when it comes to waxing a car. - Wax just helps at the end.

Collinite 476 often leaves some kind of hazing to light coloured cars, dulls the paintwork as it were. - Nothing too noticeable.

My money would be on collinite, I've had it for 8/9 months now and it was still going strong on my Punto when I got rid of it last month. (7 months after application) and it was still beading off. Still have 9/10th's of a tub left.

Just goes to show, durability is good. (y)

p.s. don't let it dry on.

Last edited:
Maybe throwing a spanner in the works, but if the paint is prepared well before hand by polishing, i would recommend a nano based sealant - my favourite one is new and its called Wolf Chemicals Body Wrap:

Its awesome stuff and you can get 10-15 cars worth out of a bottle for approx £20!

Back