Technical best springs/shocks for non sporting

Currently reading:
Technical best springs/shocks for non sporting

Blue Seid Boy

hey

whats the best springs to get for my non sporting. i will be putting 15's on it in the future so what size drop shall i go for?

are the standard shocks up to scratch or shall i get a suspension kit instead of just springs?

thanks guys
wayne

ok thanks mate

i heard 40mm drop isz biggest you can do with 15's ? is this right?
and is this on a sporting or a standard car cos isnt a sporting 20mm lower anyway?

i believe matt (centoevo) has dropped his 20mm with his 15's and yes the sporting is 20mm lower thanthe S/SX

SEI POWER

NOS Guzzlers are just lower beings :D

Hi,

I've had mine dropped 50mm (Novitec) but the rear arches needed some work for that (with 7x15 195/45).
If you like a not too hard ride better go with 35-40mm

i have got a sei s and have lowered mine 40mm at the mo had to roll the arches as i have 15s on but it is possible to go lower im thinking of going even lower might try the spring of fastfait the 60mm ones. i have the standard shocks on at teh moment they seem ok but not sure how long they will last

James

www.clubcento.co.uk

i'm running the fast fiat -55mm springs with standard shocks and it is prolly pushing it - really is like riding in a go-kart and its pretty bumpy at times.

SEI POWER

the bump stops are the rubbery things yeah? i chopped them basically in half along the groove that was there already

i'm running 14's at the moment, got really s**tty tires on them too(165/65/14), which have an overall diameter of 570mm (considering 195/45/15's are 556mm) and the ride is pretty uncomfortable, not to mention the fact that the rear wheels tend to leave the ground on cornering, i'm thinkning a strut brace is gonna be required shortly but i may need to move my induction kit

SEI POWER

hmmm ok so i can get away with about a 50mm drop with 15's and rolled arches?

gonna buy just springs for the minute and think about shocks later

which brand do you lot recommend? novitech?

you'd be better askin someone else - as i only have origionals and current to compare - someone will have tried a few different brands.

SEI POWER

You can get away with 50mm on 15's provided you don't have anyone in the back at all, ever!
I would go 40mm, this will rub sometimes when hitting potholes and speedhumps at speed.
Donz is right the sportings are -20mm lower than the other models.

I have considerably more mods, THAN YOU!​
voldar02.gif
Pssssst my cars for sale​

GMax are very good i have a kit on mine, Spax is too hard, Koni's are expensive but very good, Jonna says Pi are good, but theres Elibach's, Novitec, Apex and loads more too choose from.

I have considerably more mods, THAN YOU!​
voldar02.gif
Pssssst my cars for sale​

Hi,

to the konis:
on www.tuninghaus.de they sell the konis for 103Euro each in the front and 74Euro in the back > 354Euro app. 250Pounds
Of cause there is a drawback. The shop is in german only and even located here.
If you need translation services to ask for shipping or so drop me a line.

Marc

Back