General Best Petrol MPG

Currently reading:
General Best Petrol MPG

Steely

Dislikeskeyboardwarriors
Since the oil burners have a thread just wondering what everyone else is getting??

had training tonight in Hull 90 mile round trip

43.2 MPG average from 5 door 1.6 sitting at a steady 70

thought that was quite good...

skint till next monday so trying my best to save cash!!!

Whats the best you've had??? (MPG that is:D )

average - 47.6mpg over 526 miles (1.6 petrol 5dr), ive been using the cruise control and its generally set to 55mph. Shes just above the red now with the range to empty saying 170miles (yeah right lol).
PS thats 1 tank full 526miles so far. Who needs the oil burner lol
roy

not done a long trip yet in my 1.6 3 door but local running around i get 33-35mpg which i dont think is too bad as i have a heavy right foot.

jeez.... i get better mpg, than you guys with 1.6's i usually hit 35mpg around town, stop starting all the time and i have a heavy right foot too ;) ......on the motorways its been between the 40-45mpg just depends what im cruising alone at! I wouldn't say its bad on petrol at all....... just that petrol is getting so dam expensive in this country :mad: ...its crept back up to basically the quid round my way again :bang:

How do you manage that!?

I could only ever get 30-35ish around town driving like an angel, and up to 40 doing a constant 70 on the motorway...

Mind you, i'm not having problems with expensive fuel right now...

Wifeys Stilo 1.2 Active returned Ave 62.9 on a trip up to Manchester airport and back a couple of weeks ago, the 2 of us and a weeks holiday luggage on board, round trip of 138 miles, on a Motorway though, at a steady 60 mph. Her normal return is 44 mpg on the Urban trips, lots of short trips and she hasnt re-set the Trip B meter since she bought it.

No complaints with this car except for the Airbag blooper now and again.

How do you manage that!?

I could only ever get 30-35ish around town driving like an angel, and up to 40 doing a constant 70 on the motorway...

Mind you, i'm not having problems with expensive fuel right now...

Sounds about the same as me pre-remap! I tell ya its all down to the remap, makes the car run alot smoother and the extra power (y)

Silly question whats the difference between the first Ave Consumption you scroll to when compared with Ave Consumption B?
1st is average of trip A reset (or master reset)
2nd is average of trip B (or secondary reset)

I reset trip A every time I fill up with fuel and just use trip B for individual journeys - but it's all down to personal preference :)

ive just been to birmingham from shrewsbury , about one hour there drove normal fast at times then a steaddy 75/80 i got 55.6 mpg which i think is great , so im more than happy

Back