General Best Petrol MPG

Currently reading:
General Best Petrol MPG

well since going to normal working hours and a change of route, my stilo spends most of its time in rush hour queues

Last week, mon to fri my 1.2 averaged 33mpg, I stretched its legs on saturday up the m6 to preston and when i got there this had raised to 39.5. I have had 50+ out of it on long m way trips, used to get about 43-47 out of it on old route to work on my odd shift times.

This week should be better as i finish after rush hour therefore straight run home.

I drive Inverness to Edinburgh and back, every weekend. Every sodding weekend...
Sorry I digress. I nearly always get about 38 mpg on the way down, and 43 - 44 on the way back, its uncanny. I've never had anything better than 44 mpg.

Bets I ever saw on my 1.6 was from Basingstoke to Portsmouth at 46mpg. That's about 40 miles via Alton and A3 so mixed between 50/60mph A-roads, 60mph B-road and dual-carriageway. Overall that's downhill which is the only reason I can see that coming back it was always about 44mpg! Round town 32mpg was about as good as it got, higher speed trips down the M3/M27 to Bournemouth more like 38-40mpg. Question of adapting your style I think to make the best of it.

Back