Best fiat dealer

Currently reading:
Best fiat dealer

jimbob1979

Ive done business with all 3 fiat dealers near me in coventry, being research nuneaton, grays at warwick and carstins ballsall common, just wondered if anyone else local has any preference good/bad experiences with any of these?
thanks guys

It just doesnt follow that if one person has a hard time at a certain dealer the next person to walk through the door will. I have seen my dealer get absolutely slated in here and then, a few days later praised to high heaven.........who should I believe?? :D

Ive done business with all 3 fiat dealers near me in coventry, being research nuneaton, grays at warwick and carstins ballsall common, just wondered if anyone else local has any preference good/bad experiences with any of these?
thanks guys

I definitely wouldn't recommend Grays! Good reports from the others mentioned though.

Last edited:
Best Fiat Dealer in England goes to.......Mangoletsi in Cheshire!!!! Nobody else comes close for the all round service!!!

TJ Vickers near Telford are the best in the Midlands area by far!! I have tried the others; Boston's (Milford), Arnold Clark (or Stourminster, Amblecote) and they dont even come close to the service you get from Vickers!(y)

The only things I can pass on from my experiences are that the service centers at both Colliers and Startins are completely useless and very expensive for service. Carstins are very helpful and actually know about the cars in depth, probably because they are only a Fiat service center they dont sell them (they do sell Subarus though)

However if price is important Arnold Clark in Oldbury are the cheapest by far. All the other 3 wanted £350 quid for a 2nd service on my car, Arnolds only want £149, while still using the proper oil it needs etc etc.

Never had a problem with Grays of Warwick....& I've tried Startins(Redditch)...waste of time, Carstins...promise but don't deliver.
All round have NO probs with Greys-very helpful staff, know their stuff & the work is done in time:)
(& I live a 5 minute walk from Startins-but wouldn't use them)

Boston's of Milford it Stafford!

They cannot do enough to help you!

Both sales and aftersales!

Me and a m8 went to Boston's once (about 10 yaers ago mind) to do some 'shopping'. He was looking at a new Punto diesel and I was interested in a Bravo HGT. We waited around in the showroom for at least 20 minutes while the one and only salesman was engaged on a phone call. Anyway, eventually we decided we had waited long enough so we left and went to Ryauto in Amblecote (now Arnold Clark) and ordered our cars. Mind you, when I wanted to change my Bravo for a Punto HGT a couple of years later, I rang Ryauto a few times to check prices ect and no one ever returned my calls so off I went to TJ Vickers in Telford and bought my new HGT from them.(y) Their after sales service is A1 and they obviously want to sell cars more than Bostons and Ryauto does.(n)

I suspect it all depends on who deals with you at the time of your visit. I've dealt with the Service Departments at Grays and at Carstins. I found Grays OK, particularly so when dealing with a warranty matter. More recently, I was very positively impressed by Carstins because I could (a) tell the car had actually been serviced* and (b) was given information suggesting a good level of product knowledge. I would definitely use Carstins again.

*as in there was clearly fresh oil in the sump. Every time I have taken diesel cars to main dealers (Audi, Fiat) the sump oil has been as black as it was beforehand. I was told that diesel is like that, i.e., oil goes black immediately. Even if you only drive 5 miles before dipping the sump. So why is it that every time the same diesel cars get oil changes at independents... and on this occasion at Carstins.. the oil is visibly clearer, remaining so even after a hundred miles or so????

I was told that the Audi dealers suck the oil out from the top, and when an independent did an oilchange on my Panda they got oil everywhere. Sloppy yes, but at least I could see that there had been a drain out from the bottom (including the c**p at the bottom!).

I've bought Fiats from both Mangoletsi & Vickers in Telford. Vickers are far superior. It seems Mangoletsi are interested in £25k Alfa customers in the stockbroker belt whilst Fiat customers can join the back of the queue. They weren't willing to deal with either faults (not covered by warranty - tough) even though one was a blown bulb which took less than 5 minutes to change. Vickers sales & parts were excellent to deal with.

Back