Best fall off chair Part price quote ever?!

Currently reading:
Best fall off chair Part price quote ever?!

Not sure if this qualifies, but I was recently looking at a Renault Wind - It was low mileage, immaculate & cheap - but needed a bottom arm & droplink, due to low speed slide in snow into a curb..."cheap fix" according to the advert. Later emerged that it was a CAT N or S and the damage occured over a year ago. I did some checking & found there are almost no pattern parts available. So Bottom Arm £375 + Ball Joint £35 + Droplink £ 65. The wheel £905 and Tyre £60 were also damaged.......Then there's likely to be bearing, steering arm/track rod end & front subframe damage too .......
Suddenly that "it just needs.....for a cheap fix" turns into £1500- £2500 repair on a car worth maybe £3000 ?

I'd have thought the renault wind would have just been a clio underneath, a bit like the tigra was 90% corsa.

I'd have thought the renault wind would have just been a clio underneath, a bit like the tigra was 90% corsa.
In a sane world that would be true. However, from what I've managed to find out its a combination of Twingo & Twingo RS + random Parts Bin & unique bits thrown in

Panda/500 clutch master cylinder and pipe refilled for fast fit in the factory. Fiat price £335.45 plus Vodka And Tonic.
A few minutes with Duck Duck Go found this https://www.bestpartstore.co.uk/fiat/panda-169/504/10161-clutch-master-cylinder
Complete master cylinder in cast metal (rather than welded steel tube) for about £40 plus tax.

The OEM fast fit item will not fit fast, because the (so called) QD connector is almost always corroded solid. So you have to unplug the pipe and connect the cylinder to the old (but totally serviceable) hydraulic pipe. Just like the £40 item which looks better quality anyway.

3500€ for replacing the exhaust and turbo on a 2019 twinair Panda Cross with 51000 km, from the dealer where I bought the car new.

Turned out the exhaust needed tightening of a clamp, and once I cleaned it up nothing wrong with the turbo...
Won't be going back to them, this is pure robbery.

Lower rear seatbelt securing bolt for a 2012 Fiat 500. £316.60 + VAT from my local Fiat main dealer. Granted you would get a free seatbelt assembly with it but I didn't need all that! (the bolt can't be bought separately).

Back