Bend over and take it

Currently reading:
Bend over and take it

Looks like gonna have to return car fully to standard and sell all my mods waiting in the garage. Insurance renewal too much for 'rents liking, cant afford it myself, so stuff gonna have to go. :cry:

£820 fully comp with HIC cheapest ive found. Wouldnt mind, but im 20 with 3 years NCB! daylight robbery considering only insuring wheels, lowering kit, exhaust, induction strut brace and seats/harnesses. :bang:

jamie86

Funny saying here
That is shocking they have jsut quoted me on a very much more modified Cinq for £1300 and that's 19 no NCB's either :eek:

OP
OP
L
dave said:
what about cis?

Wouldnt quote becuase its got modifications (n)

All i can put it down to is that i live in a very high risk area near all the bastard roads and still a student etc. oh well :(

Andy_sx

thats madness

im paying 800 fully comp on my bravo, 21 with 2 years no claims. mods insured, full exhaust system, including manifold, lowered, alloys, induction kit, stereo and interior changes, along with work usage, thats with elephant on their 10 month thingy

steve1219

The Older Modder
Have you tried Adrian Flux, I know I am older but only been driving coming up to 2 years and all I paid was £580 full comp last year, with all mods declared, coil overs, induction kit + all the usual.

Give them a try mine was reduced by nearly £550 to the nearest quote I got.

Steve

OP
OP
L
steve1219 said:
Have you tried Adrian Flux, I know I am older but only been driving coming up to 2 years and all I paid was £580 full comp last year, with all mods declared, coil overs, induction kit + all the usual.

Give them a try mine was reduced by nearly £550 to the nearest quote I got.

Steve

on the phone to em now(y)

OP
OP
L
dave said:
but there loads of posts from people on here saying cis dont charge for mods:confused:

yea thats what i thought, but as soon as i said lowering kit they said bye bye :bang:

OP
OP
L
jamie86 said:
Phone HIC with that price now trust me ;)

wouldnt match it :( So took adrian flux up (dads paying and knows them so said go with them).

Goota pay back £40 a month to the bank of dad though (n) BUT mods returned like for like so happier for that.

lambert82

It's not Pete's,it's Mine
My 1242 is costing me £630 with HIC, I'm 23 with only 1 years NCB and also 1 claim, but with you having 3 years it still seems high.

I've always found tesco easy on Modifications, even ok'd my 1242 without an engineer report. I tried getting a quote on a 1242 Sei a few years back and I had to prove it was safe etc and who fitted, same applied to suspension, so I'm guessing they've eased up a little.

My renewals due in may, so I'll have 2 yrs NCB and that claim should have disappeared :woot:

stripey stilo

Were On Earth R You Gettin Your Quotes Mine Is £658 A Year For An 04 Plate Abarth Stilo. Theres Something Seriously Wrong With Ur Insurance Quotes