Technical beeping now driving me insane

Currently reading:
Technical beeping now driving me insane

kirstewy

ok s i got my car at the weekend, fiat stilo 1.6 16v on a 51 plate, i knw it had a dodgy post 02 sensor so today a mechanic through a friend of a friend took the car to his garage and put a new cam belt kit on for me and change the post 02 sensor, now i got the car back and the eml has gone from being on constant to flashing and the computer beeping at me constantly, the mechanic did sow me when he dropped car back that he run the fault code reader on it and it is showing no stored aults, so he has told me its to do with the airbag fault which is why the eml light is constantly flashing and beeping but i am not so sure, also i have noticed when idleing it seems a bit lumpy and sounds throatier, it never idles over 750rpmm but it does very slightly drop now making it sound different, it still drives absolutly fine as it did before but like i say before today it sounded sweet as a nut on idle. please help because i am really likeing the car and just want it normal which i have not had since owning the car.
many thanks stewart

well i love you guys on this forum(not in a gay way lol) since i have owned the car on saturday i have used this forum and solved my skyroof problem which was just a reset, and now i have been out a performed a phonic wheel reset and hey presto no eml light, no beeping and car drives lovely, just the airbag warning to sort now and i have seen plenty of threads regarding that, the only other thing i want to try and sort is since having the work done today on idle it has always been at 750rpm sounding sweet as a nut, but now its on 750rpm and drops to 500rpm then straight back up to 750 rpm doing this almost constantly on tick over, and it whilst idleing and doing this it sounds throatier, but its beautiful once you pull away, just took it for a spin had it up to 80 and beautiful no lights no noises, so a huge thank you to all who offer thier help on this forum, oh and just a bit more help if anyone can suggest anything for the tick over prob:D

Back