Technical BCM Module Problems cant proxy align CTM module, "wrong module installed"

Currently reading:
Technical BCM Module Problems cant proxy align CTM module, "wrong module installed"

shunter191946

Hi,
My daughter has a 500s 2013, which had a faulty CTM module ( usb would not charge phone or connect to stereo ) so i sourced another one and hey presto everything worked.
Then we had the flashing mileage on dashboard, bought a multiecuscan package plugged it in and did the proxy alignment which came back with following error:
B10AA-4A Proxi configuration control-Incorrect component installed. The mileage is still flashing, everything is still working fine i just cant get the proxy to talk to the CTM module and accept it, the one i took out and replacement module have different part numbers, but was assured it would be plug and play.
Has anyone got any ideas how to get mileage to stop flashing and how to overcome to error code so it works properly, and stops flashing.
Many Thanks
The Guvnor

Hi,
My daughter has a 500s 2013, which had a faulty CTM module ( usb would not charge phone or connect to stereo ) so i sourced another one and hey presto everything worked.
Then we had the flashing mileage on dashboard, bought a multiecuscan package plugged it in and did the proxy alignment which came back with following error:
B10AA-4A Proxi configuration control-Incorrect component installed. The mileage is still flashing, everything is still working fine i just cant get the proxy to talk to the CTM module and accept it, the one i took out and replacement module have different part numbers, but was assured it would be plug and play.
Has anyone got any ideas how to get mileage to stop flashing and how to overcome to error code so it works properly, and stops flashing.
Many Thanks
The Guvnor
Hopefully you can contact someone in the multiscan section to give good advice.
I had a faulty seat sensor on daughters 2012 Punto Evo which had damaged the BCM as well, I located a new one still in Fiat box and used Snap On Zeus tool to "proxi align" and it all worked straight forward though it was the first I had ever done.
Is it possible the CTM you sourced is incorrect part or has information for another previous vehicle on it?

Hopefully you can contact someone in the multiscan section to give good advice.
I had a faulty seat sensor on daughters 2012 Punto Evo which had damaged the BCM as well, I located a new one still in Fiat box and used Snap On Zeus tool to "proxi align" and it all worked straight forward though it was the first I had ever done.
Is it possible the CTM you sourced is incorrect part or has information for another previous vehicle on it?
Hi,
Have contacted support at Multiecuscan, but so far not much help, takes ages for them to answer on average 2.5 days, i wanted to know if i can re-programme the CTM i put in so the car accepts it.

Hi,
Many Thanks
The Guvnor
Was the CTM new? Where did you buy and who assured you it was a match?

What is the

Was the CTM new? Where did you buy and who assured you it was a match?

What is the
Mine was a Body Control Module, in a shop soiled Fiat box on eBay, the part numbers matched and I carefully inspected the terminals to make sure it had never been fitted, it cost me £149. I never checked what Fiat wanted for the module , but if a plastic seat sensor for the passenger was going to cost £117 + vat???
It fitted, I did the "proxo alignmenmt " with my mates Snap On Zeus and my daughter is running it with no error codes, jobs a good un! ;)
1669324185949.png

Back