Technical Battery teminal covers

Currently reading:
Technical Battery teminal covers

Hi all,
Does everyones battery on there BRAVO have a plastic cover, just on the positive side of the battery terminal, and not on the negative side terminal, or do i need to go and ask for the plastic cover to be put on the other terminal as well ?.
Was also a little concerned the other day while i was cleaning and polishing around the engine bay to find the oil cap almost at the point of coming off, wouldnt have been to happy if oil had decided to go everywhere, I will have to keep an eye open to make sure that the oil cap isnt unscrewing itself through engine and road vibration.
Apart from that i love the car, still love it like the first day i saw it:D

Hi all,
Can't anyone that has the new Bravo help me out here please, just want to know about the battery terminal covers as i said in my last post.
Your help would be much appreciated:shrug:

Hi all,
Does everyones battery on there BRAVO have a plastic cover, just on the positive side of the battery terminal, and not on the negative side terminal, or do i need to go and ask for the plastic cover to be put on the other terminal as well ?.
Was also a little concerned the other day while i was cleaning and polishing around the engine bay to find the oil cap almost at the point of coming off, wouldnt have been to happy if oil had decided to go everywhere, I will have to keep an eye open to make sure that the oil cap isnt unscrewing itself through engine and road vibration.
Apart from that i love the car, still love it like the first day i saw it:D

Don't worry ... my Bravo 1,4 has the cover only on "+" too. So believing it's OK.

Many thanks for your reply, I feel better knowing that it isnt something that may have been left off when having an alarm fitted at the dealership.

YW bluebravo!

To be honest, I was so curious about the issue that I walked downstairs to observe the battery directly on a parking slot. BUT maybe one thing differs ... you are having the right-hand drive instead my left-hand drive but I am not going to claim it at the dealer :D

YW bluebravo!

To be honest, I was so curious about the issue that I walked downstairs to observe the battery directly on a parking slot. BUT maybe one thing differs ... you are having the right-hand drive instead my left-hand drive but I am not going to claim it at the dealer :D

Just seems silly that one side is covered(protected) and the other isnt:chin:
I think i will ask if there is a reason for this at Fiat customer care.

Just contacted Fiat Customer care on the live chat option, there answer was they can't answer that question !

Last edited:
Just seems silly that one side is covered(protected) and the other isnt:chin:
I think i will ask if there is a reason for this at Fiat customer care.

Just contacted Fiat Customer care on the live chat option, there answer was they can't answer that question !

The whole car is the negative terminal... seems silly to cover the battery when every metal part is connected to that terminal by a big thick cable. The positive however you do not want to be accidently connecting to something like the bodywork ;)

The whole car is the negative terminal... seems silly to cover the battery when every metal part is connected to that terminal by a big thick cable. The positive however you do not want to be accidently connecting to something like the bodywork ;)

Just looks odd thats all, but i guess that is why that is done.
Oh well just thought i would ask;)

Back