General battery prices

Currently reading:
General battery prices

Wasn't a member at the time, but he looked in from time to time after he had won the auction.

After fitting the reconditioned gearbox then giving it back to be repaired took 6 months to sort, they had the car for 4.5 months and it's still f**ked.

The whole idea behind it was that I wasn't going to be able to spend as much time on him as I wanted to and wanted another enthusiast to take him on and keep him to the same levels that I always did. There were a number of other reasons some of which are really not something for the site but partly I also knew that a lot of time, effort & money was going to be spent on the Italia 90 and finally wanted something new that I didn't need to touch and get from A-B cheaply and without using up loads of miles on the classic panda's. Last year I did over 24,000 miles in Willie, 4-5000 in the Barchetta and 10,000+ in the BMW, so was a costly year. I also spent more on parts than the Mk3 is to buy on a monthly basis. This year with my completely knackerd back (going under the knife in the near future) I suppose that I can spend even less time on the cars so will still I suppose look at moving willie on so he can be looked after to the manner in which he is acustomed.

Last edited:
Quotes of prices are ranging from £25 - lifetime guarantee price of £58 so plenty choice and scope bottom of range offering 1 year guarantee most of these were made by yuasa with a unipart sticker on them. Iam still shopping around looking at best quality value etc.Ive always used Bosch heavy duty in the past or an Austrian type and found really good.
The good thing about the panda is I find it doesnt need much 2 turn the engine over so not much point in going at the top of market priced ones.
I will decide next week maybe my failure sheet might influence my decision ha!ha!.

When using every day the quality isn't really an issue as they will pretty much all be fine, the trouble starts when the car is left a few weeks at a time before use that's when the better quality batteries become beneficial. BUT if your leaving for a few weeks at a time you should really disconnect the battery anyway.

£18 will take some beating its the benchmark so far ha!ha!.Iam struggling even with a trade card to get close to that well done Alan.
p.s Sorry to hear about your back m8 Ive difficulty myself often with a lot of discomfort so I can appreciate your agony.Hope you can get it sorted ok.

Back