General battery prices

Currently reading:
General battery prices

hensteeth

I thought id inquire about a price for a battery for my Colour
I think the garage is trying it on as I got quoted £85 fitted ha!ha!
I was looking at change from £40 what is the going rate to pay these days?
I have'nt bought a battery for a few years - last 1 I got was a heavy duty one for a german car and even it was'nt that price and it was a Bosch I think.

Last edited:
i got one the other day
380 cold cranking
45 Ampere-hour @ 20 hour rate (ah)
thats more tan enough for any panda it had gone up from £25 to £30 in last few months because price of lead has gone up.

you don't need to have one fitted its easy job to diy, just go motor factors and get one

Last edited:
got one last year when i nearly got round to putting the car back on the road (then didn't).That was only about 40 quid, and that was just from Halfords. Of course it was only after I got it that I realised it wasn't the battery at fault at all, my charger had packed up(n) Still got the old one if you're anywhere near Glasgow. If not, probably cheaper buying eh.

Of course it was only after I got it that I realised it wasn't the battery at fault at all, my charger had packed up(n) Still got the old one if you're anywhere near Glasgow. If not, probably cheaper buying eh.

:ROFLMAO: I done the same with the 750L, got a new batt due to starting problems, to find it sorted it for about 2 weeks and then started doing the same. It turned out the points and HT leads needed doing in the end :doh:

Jon.

Thats encouraging Alan £18 I like the sound of that m8- I wish the price of our wages were going up ha!ha!
Going to phone around a few motor factors on Monday plenty of them up here
so competition for business means competitive prices I hope.

dont need ignition on if you wired you sounds in right;)

Ah! but see that's where your wrong mate. If you wire it in correctly it should switch off with the ignition. But I suppose that's if you have an updated HU that needs the memory +ve and permanant +ve and not one of those old push button ones that turns off with a knob....:p
1638_1.jpg

Ah! but see that's where your wrong mate. If you wire it in correctly it should switch off with the ignition. But I suppose that's if you have an updated HU that needs the memory +ve and permanant +ve and not one of those old push button ones that turns off with a knob....:p
View attachment 47184

Lol. I just connect the memory and ign +ve together so they're both constantly connected, and then make sure I haven't got one of those units which drains the batt flat if not turned off at ign +ve feed ;)

If you think the Panda is tough you should try wiring a full Ice system into a 7 series :eek:

Wiring 1.JPGwiring 2.JPG

After
cinima2.JPG

Set up was a 7" motorised Veba monitor & radio, Veba 6 DVD changer, Alpine GPS (sat-nav) unit, Freeview DVB T tv, recordable VCR wired via a reverse camera so you could video your drive :) (all units with remote) Trafficmaster & monitor screen, photochromatic diping rear view mirror with outside temp etc.........

Last edited:
Back