Technical battery light on

Currently reading:
Technical battery light on

aya

hello!
A very interesting thing, they have been running to the garage for a month and the problem has not been solved.
At first the battery light came on and I couldn't drive the car because of the electric steering wheel, I turned off the engine and turned it on, and the light disappeared, at the garage they checked the alternator and replaced it with a used one and at another garage they replaced the battery, and the problem is still there, after about a week the car stops and there is no power in the battery. Note (there are no problems with computer readings in this regard)
Today I still have the same problem, start the car and turn it off every time I want to drive, just like that the battery light on the dashboard disappears.
Do you have an idea what it could be??
car-battery-icon-1616188825.jpg

my car is Fiat grande punto 1.2 2011
Thanks for the help.

hello!
A very interesting thing, they have been running to the garage for a month and the problem has not been solved.
At first the battery light came on and I couldn't drive the car because of the electric steering wheel, I turned off the engine and turned it on, and the light disappeared, at the garage they checked the alternator and replaced it with a used one and at another garage they replaced the battery, and the problem is still there, after about a week the car stops and there is no power in the battery. Note (there are no problems with computer readings in this regard)
Today I still have the same problem, start the car and turn it off every time I want to drive, just like that the battery light on the dashboard disappears.
Do you have an idea what it could be??
View attachment 422061

my car is Fiat grande punto 1.2 2011
Thanks for the help.
In many modern cars the computer controls the alternator charging system, so the least your garage can do is check all external wiring and earthing points between the alternator, battery and the computer.
If you car has "start/stop" system then a special battery has to be used and fitted using a certain procedure, fitting s/h parts with no known provenance is not a good way to cure a problem as you may be introducing more issues.
Many people have written on this Forum regarding these issues so may be able to advise further.
Even with no visible error messages / warning lights it would still be a good idea to have the error codes read by a top quality diagnostic tool as there may be some "pending " faults which haven't put the warning light on.

Reactions: aya
The used alternator the garage put in is bad. Probably bad bearings that sometimes allow rotation and other times they don't.
The thing to do is to buy a new alternator. And I recomand to choose a Denso one, there are topics in here with other made that would pop up the battery light, even if the alternator was new.

Back