Technical Battery light keeps flashing on and off

Currently reading:
Technical Battery light keeps flashing on and off

MichaelD88

Last few days my battery light has been flicking on and off. i've checked the battery and everything is connected. i recently took the radio out and installed my own. could i of knocked a wire that is connected to the battery warning light whilst removing old radio, or putting new one in, or is it unreleted?

Any help would be great

Thanks
Michael

{brava 1.2 sx}

You mean while the car is running? Does the battery light stay on when the car is off?

Could just be a bad connection. Any problems with performance at all?

yes, just whilst car is running. it doesnt come on when car isnt running. there is no problem with the performance at all.

hi sounds like the brushes in the alternator are worn out
has the battery gone flat at an rime recently
and is it starting to fliker more and more

no battery hasn't gone flat recently. just the warning light keeps flicking. if it is that, is it easy to replace/repair?

if battery isnt going flat then then it means the alternator is still working
it will probably get worse as time goes by
it should be quite easy to fit new alternator and cost about £100 for a new one but about 20 from a scrapper
to test alternator check battery voltage with a volt meter should be about 12-12.5 volts then while engine is running recheck should be about 14 volts

Is your fan belt tight, this is another reason the light flickers, the blet is slipping on the alternator, and not turning it for a second or two, bit of an outside chance but it might be, sounds more like Voltage Regulator in the Alternator or the brushes really.

Had this happen when I misshifted and my rpms went to like 5k. Disconnect battery for about an hour, hooked back up and was fine. Brand new alternator and battery just replaced.

Back