Battery for a '51 Brava

Currently reading:
Battery for a '51 Brava

M

Matt

Hey everyone,

i have had my brava for exactly a week before it has decided to die on me, a multimeter points to the battery (can't check alternator, but it has displayed no symptons of a dying alty, my tipo suffered for eons before it died), i've come to order a bew battery and tayna reckons it should be 075, another website says a 065 but its a 063 under the bonnet. it's a 1.6sx (100) so am at a loss as to which battery to get?!?!!? Help!!!

cheers dudes

M

just get a bosch you cant go wrong. i got a blue top on mine for £70 4 year guarantee, The black top is £50 with 2 year i think.
Or go to our local scrappy see what they got.

Took me ages to get a battery,so in end i just opoted for a bosch :)

tbh i think 063 is right,some number replace it thats all iirc.

i opted for a 063 size, as rec'd by a mechanic i phoned up, who said to never change the size (which is all well and good, providing you start off with the right size)and ordered one from tayna, who delivered it the next day and i fixed it no probs, multi meter'd it and the alternator was fine too (phew)..........

however there is no retaining clamp on the car, and i know that you can now fail the mot on not having a secured battery so can anyone rec'd a place to get a replacement retainer? is the scrappy the best place? or are there universal ones available. cheaper the better

cheers

there was no securing clip with the car?

best try a scrappy mate or try fiat,ya never know mught not be that bad. But yeah if the batery isnt secure it will fail. Could bang about and catch fire (an old car of mine did once due to not being secured)