Technical Battery Drain!

Currently reading:
Technical Battery Drain!

Jackrao2

Fiat Punto 1.2 MK.2 Basic model

The problem I am having at the moment is my battery keeps going flat... Now I have tested the voltage going into the battery when the engine is running and I get a good 14V, so there is no problem there. I bought a new battery when i purchased the car so the battery is good and of a reputable make.

I have however fitted a new Pioneer Headunit as i had to have a decent sound system.

When the engine is off i measured .1 amp Could this be a case where the stereo is leaching power for the amplifier even with the engine off?? and is .1 of an amp alot?

I know the battery is going when my power stearing suddenly stops (not a nice feeling, almost like i have hit something!)
The car isnt used for a work commute, just socially, opinions/advice for this would be great!

Thanks. Jack

puntois generally have this problem when a diff radio is fitted to the original i cannot rem how but search button above should bring plenty of results about it, in relation to the power steering however, even when my battery died my EPAS still worked fine, common fault unfortunately with the mk2 is the EPAS system it will create a fault code every time it goes on...if it continues i would suggest going and getting it checked out...

Back