Batteries

Currently reading:
Batteries

S

sven

Just a few Qs, after reading that your batteries die like flies:

1. what is the temp. in England when your batteries die like that?
2. do your batteries have refill plugs, or are they closed?
3. how old are they?

Sven

hello m8, was -2 this morning. my battery doesnt have refill holes. and it was nearly dead this morning! :(

So, your battery is what we call wartungsfrei - no refilling (circle mode). But how old is the batt. and if they die on -2!, U should come to my country where the temp went to -20 a couple of weeks ago. And the average temp. is from -7 to -2 in the night / morning and 0 and 4 in the day - for the time being and test the batteries :)

Cheers

sven

i'd say battery looks couple years old. think i will buy a new one today. just waitin for new exhaust to arrive first :)

What kind of exhaust?
I must take the rear viper off, broke last night due to snow :( Ah the joy of snow

sven

only sportex cat back system. i ripped my back box off the other day , couldnt afford supersprint system. next time round i'll buy one.

-5 here with wind making it even colder.
to be honest its getting harder and harder to start anyway in the morning regardless of the temp.

Dan

tagnew.jpg

Time To Make A Change...you knows it...24/7

Well Dan your car is 4+ years old now mate so the battery is due to fail. Just find out how much the alternator will be while you are at it and budget for that to go as well.

battery is only 6 months old though Al :(

Dan

tagnew.jpg

Might be worth getting the alternator and starter checked out now then mate.

probably be the starter motor then as other bravo/a's that I've heard start up fire3 up straight away, mine takes as long as 5 seconds to start sometimes :(

Dan

tagnew.jpg

Ho hum. Exchange recon starter for a 1.2 shouldn't be that much mate and you can easily fit it yourself.

arrgghhh not gud, just been to rescue mum and car, battery died today, though its original battery on it and the cars 15 years old, bloody good going I say