Bargain Anybody?

Currently reading:
Bargain Anybody?

lmao, when i saw HP all in one I couldn't stop laughing....Aldi have a HP all in one next week ;)

But it's not as good :)

Forget the lexmark - ink is very expensive although you must be warned, HP ink is about 5x the price of Epson if you use non-genuine cartridges. I bought my epson all in one for that reason.

Price for the printer can't be beaten when you include postage so not a bad buy. I used to love HP, they still do the best text printing but in all in ones, Epson can't be beaten (though I am not aware that they make a gimmicky one with a TFT) It doesn't have a memory card reader though, it's only USB 1.

Mine kicks its ass but you're a girl, I bet you like the little TFT :p

http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/prod...2hvd19wcm9kdWN0X292ZXJ2aWV3&product_uid=64812

Again, I can't see point of having a card-reader OR a screen on a printer. There is ALWAYS something I want to do to a picture [using Picture It mainly, due to ease of use] before printing.

I run a Canon i990 printer and Canon 8000F scanner - both 4800*2400 res :)

The Negotiator said:
lmao, when i saw HP all in one I couldn't stop laughing....Aldi have a HP all in one next week ;)

But it's not as good :)

Forget the lexmark - ink is very expensive although you must be warned, HP ink is about 5x the price of Epson if you use non-genuine cartridges. I bought my epson all in one for that reason.

Price for the printer can't be beaten when you include postage so not a bad buy. I used to love HP, they still do the best text printing but in all in ones, Epson can't be beaten (though I am not aware that they make a gimmicky one with a TFT) It doesn't have a memory card reader though, it's only USB 1.

Mine kicks its ass but you're a girl, I bet you like the little TFT :p

http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/prod...2hvd19wcm9kdWN0X292ZXJ2aWV3&product_uid=64812

yes paul it has to have the little tft. The epson equilvalent - without a screen was ugly so i went for the hp. I have a lexmark at the moment and never found ink all that expensive - not that i ever buy the proper lexmark ink. :)

Stuart DemonD said:
Again, I can't see point of having a card-reader OR a screen on a printer. There is ALWAYS something I want to do to a picture [using Picture It mainly, due to ease of use] before printing.

Thats the point - there is no reason to have a screen or a mem card reader - i just want one lol. and it does mean you can prink pics without the comp - which means my mum can use it :)

Stu and Lora, all in ones of today are not what they used to be.

For example, you get a proper scanner (i.e. mine is 1200x2400 USB 2, cost would normally be £60 for a quality Epson one). It has a 11 type memory card reader (USB 2.0) and a 5470Dpi enhanced printer with 4 individual cartridges. It prints in draft mode quicker than most photocopiers and has some wonderful features when standalone.

I.e. stick in MMC card
Wait 2 seconds "You have 10 images, do you want to print a index?"
"yes"
*prints*

You then tick the pictures you want, what quality you want them printing and the size (all on the sheet it has printed) and stick it on the scanner, press green and it very quickly reads which ones you ticked (like on a lottery machine))

*prints your photos from memory card*.

Everything is so well laid out, always tells you want to do on the screen, has seperate colour and black buttons for photocopying and it does all this better than most printer/scanner/copier seperates for lots less, with £3 buying you a good quality replacement cartridge and takes up a lot less space.

I forgot to mention, I have used old style 3in1s and hated it, hence my worry about getting on but the manufacturers up'ed the standards during 04, Epson still lead with their CX range though.

I have 7 inks in mine :p - and can do a full colour A4 picture in less than a minute.

Still, I do agree all-in-ones have got a lot better than the first lot of attempts.

Stuart DemonD said:

Stu, i have used the feature 3 times. Firstly it resizes it for you as you request (90% of your editing I assume is this). It's perfect for when you haven't got time to turn on the PC for example or if you haven't got a memory card reader. i have a MMC/SD/Memory stick reader on my laptop built in but once I needed to read a compact flash, stuck it in and had USB 2.0 access to it instantly, brill!

Also, this may sound silly but sometimes I want to scan something in but because i use my laptop on this side of the room and my all in one is on the other, despite using a USB extension cable it only reaches 75% of the way to be comfortable. Often I stick in a MMC, press scan to MMC and it will save it like that, pull it out when i am ready and have image!

The Negotiator said:
Stu and Lora, all in ones of today are not what they used to be.

For example, you get a proper scanner (i.e. mine is 1200x2400 USB 2, cost would normally be £60 for a quality Epson one). It has a 11 type memory card reader (USB 2.0) and a 5470Dpi enhanced printer with 4 individual cartridges. It prints in draft mode quicker than most photocopiers and has some wonderful features when standalone.

I.e. stick in MMC card
Wait 2 seconds "You have 10 images, do you want to print a index?"
"yes"
*prints*

You then tick the pictures you want, what quality you want them printing and the size (all on the sheet it has printed) and stick it on the scanner, press green and it very quickly reads which ones you ticked (like on a lottery machine))

*prints your photos from memory card*.

Everything is so well laid out, always tells you want to do on the screen, has seperate colour and black buttons for photocopying and it does all this better than most printer/scanner/copier seperates for lots less, with £3 buying you a good quality replacement cartridge and takes up a lot less space.

I forgot to mention, I have used old style 3in1s and hated it, hence my worry about getting on but the manufacturers up'ed the standards during 04, Epson still lead with their CX range though.

Clever huh :)

And i just thought it looked pretty :)

dave said:
tesco do own brand HP in cartridges now, if that any use ?

Yep means they're cheap and im still gona get that printer from comet cus its pretty :D

im thinking i should go for the 17" monitor though

The Negotiator said:
Pretty isn't best lora!

But definitely cancel the monitor!

it is in my world.

Well if i could find a 15" cheaper than 130 i would gets that. But i think its going to be a better deal if i get the 17"

Back