Barclays Scam

Currently reading:
Barclays Scam

Watch out as there is a new phishing scam doing the rounds..

If you receive this please forward it to '[email protected]'

The link takes you to a copy of the barclays i-bank system which looks like the genuine one.

barclays_logo.gif
Important Notice: Mar. 19, 2006

Dear Sir/Madam,

Barclays Bank PLC. always look forward for the high security of our clients. Some customers have been receiving an email claiming to be from Barclays advising them to follow a link to what appear to be a Barclays web site, where they are prompted to enter their personal Online Banking details. Barclays is in no way involved with this email and the web site does not belong to us.

Barclays is proud to announce about their new updated secure system. We updated our new SSL servers to give our customers a better, fast and secure online banking service.

Due to the recent update of the servers, you are requested to please update your account info at the following link.

http://linkhiddentopreventfraud/olb/q/LoginMember.do
*Important*
We have asked few additional information which is going to be the part of secure login process. These additional information will be asked during your future login security so, please provide all these info completely and correctly otherwise due to security reasons we may have to close your account temporarily.

J. S. Smith
Security Advisor
Barclays Bank PLC.

Please do not reply to this e-mail. Mail sent to this address cannot be answered.
For assistance, log in to your Barclays Online Bank account and choose the "Help" link on any page.

Barclays Email ID # 1009

This mail is marked as non spam by Pinjo revealer, spamfilter technology!

I get these all the time - so I sometimes click on the link, and then post some real crappy comments - stuff like:

Password - Get stuffed you ****ing ****hole

And at the end of it, they always thank me as well (y)

Last edited:
Never follow links in emails, full stop. I get loads, (as in hundreds) of emails saying to renew my security information with banks I don't hold an account with...
I thought this was going to be a way to scam Barclays, as they seem to scam their customers pretty well. (n) Pre-tax profit of £5.2 billion anyone? :eek:
H

Trancendental said:
You know what is really funny about those emails?

Its the spelling mistakes and poor grammer :D if someone fell for something like that all I could do is say "oh well you live and learn aye."

that was the first thing i thought..

it's an e-mail telling you not to click on a link to enter your security details, then it asks you to click on a link and enter your security details...

i sometimes think that some people deserve to be conned.

Hellcat said:
because then when you get to the site it has a different address in the address bar.

you can mask the address in your address bar quite easily.

hmallett said:
Never follow links in emails, full stop. I get loads, (as in hundreds) of emails saying to renew my security information with banks I don't hold an account with...
I thought this was going to be a way to scam Barclays, as they seem to scam their customers pretty well. (n) Pre-tax profit of £5.2 billion anyone? :eek:
H

Oh yes H couldnt agree more my friend :) about Sharkleys but when I brought up the subject up of rip off banks a few weeks ago I was the one to get slated not the rip off Banks :mad:

Back