Technical Barchetta headlights -- UK to Europe

Currently reading:
Technical Barchetta headlights -- UK to Europe

Does anyone have any suggestions (other than buying new ones) for converting Barchetta headlights for use in europe from the UK ??

Dont bloody bother that's what I say!!
The "europeans" never bother when they visit our shores:eek: Fed up of getting blinded by the buggers!!

Have to admit I don't bother when I go to the UK ;-)

I used to use stick ons, but they come off too easily. Now I try not to drive at night, and the Barchetta lights (at least mine) aren't up to much anyway.

If you're really keen to please, I think they can be adjusted, but when I replaced a bulb before Christmas I found it very tight for space to work on...

.....when I replaced a bulb before Christmas I found it very tight for space to work on...

I replaced my low beam lights a few days ago.:yuck: :yuck: .You get no space to work.Were you can see what you do you simple cant reach and when you reach you cant see:bang: .It is much easier to remover the wheel and the plastik cover from inside and do the job from there.I found it today when i took off the plastik to see from were water was coming,it was from the windshield washer bottle,it was broken and i used silicone to fix it.

Btw i used
4928philips%20vision%20plus%20kit%20new%20200%20pix%20a.jpg

in H1 type.Much better night driving!

Does anyone have any suggestions (other than buying new ones) for converting Barchetta headlights for use in europe from the UK ??
Did you get any usefull answers? I'm about to go to France and would rather be legal. Thanks

repeated from elsewhere
but is a permanent change, not recommended for holidaymakers!!
hi, errr this is actually quite easy to do, and ive done it twice!!! bugger.
first i moved from germany to england, then england to sweden thats why i did it twice. You will need to remove both headlamp units, a space alien or capuchin monkey is hand to access the bolts (otherwise you need to take the bumper off, or have lots of extensions for access.
Be gentle on removal cos this can chip the paint around the headlamps.
You will notice in front of the headlamp is a metal plate shaped like ___/ except the ramp is not so steep as i have typed. This has to be reversed. choose your way to do this, i filed mine down and then riveted a new plate for the ramp bit, but use metal cos it has to cope with the heat!!
The main thing to do is measure (or better still make a cardboard template) of the ramp before you cut it down (duh!). then flip it around , balanced on the centre axis of the bulb.

This got me through the uk mot and swedish bilprovningen so it defo works and was perfect on the reflected wall lines. ben email me if u get stuck [email protected]

Hello,

I have a question... How can i take of the small bulbs (not the H1s) i tryed and i couldn't take them off.

thanks

Back