Styling Badboy Bonnet Advice

Currently reading:
Styling Badboy Bonnet Advice

hi there ppl,

i was given a cinq bonnet a little while back from a fellow FFer and it was in a bit of a mess, i have been doing little bits and bobs on it, taking dents out, debadging etc over spare time, and eventualy decided to badboy it :D the thing is, where i have put the brow plates in, there is a small gap around the edge, i have tack welded the plates in place, and trial fitted, the bonnet will fit once i elongate the hinge holes (y)

i'm just wondering should I fully weld the plates from behind (obviously in sections to prevent distortion) or could i just fill the little gap (only about 1mm at the largest part) with 2 part metal filler?

I have attached some pics of the bonnet in question

Thanks guys!

Lenny

A&R jordan is/was the resident badboy producer, im sure his opinion on this would be of value here PM him or get his attention to this thread :D

for the last two of my bonnets, i've welded from the front, not underneith ( headlight clearance) but you'll find if you not carefull, on the very edges of the points, you may burn straight through. so i left a couple of mil from the edge of the points and used normal body filler.

Attachments

• Photo-01596.jpg
    Photo-01596.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 18
you shouldnt need to weld both sides but just remember weld all the way where the brow meets the bonnet and then grind it down with a sanding disk on a grinder and reweld any little bits if necessary then grind it again and job should be a gooden ready for stopper!

Back