General Bad timing!

Currently reading:
General Bad timing!

I knew it would happen just before I went on Holiday but now its become desprate, my tires are now down to the Canvas on the front, not far from blow out stage so have been forced to buy them about 15 mins ago from my-tires, excellent price at £58.65 for a Goodyear Eagle Touring 175/50 R14 better than what the garage quoted me at £89.99 a tire.

But I need advice, the canvas is ionly showing all round the out rim of the drivers side tire and on the passengers side its all worn low on the out edge also. Is this a tracking and wheel balancing issue or something different, I am inflating the tires all the way round to 32 which is the correct inflation for the 175/50 R14 tires so I dont believe the wearing on the tires is to do with that...

Thanks!

I knew about it many weeks ago just dont wanna spend the money :D I wanted to pay for them after the holiday which is this time next week but never mind! my wheels over 65 shakes like something from Alton towers so i think i need my wheels and tracking checked ;) but as for the uneven wear god knows! just random tires! gonna go wheel spinning round a wet carpark next week before I have them fitted (y)

Last edited:
Yeah true dave but with tyres that bald, cornering hard would mean an RIP Evil Jaxx thread would be doing the rounds.

I cannnot stress enough the importance of good brakes and tyres, these are the things that keep you on the black stuff. Hate hearing when someone is off to buy a spoiler or ice or something when they ain't got good stoppers or tyres.

PC Plod would have had a field day with you EJ if they stopped you.

Liam

Its amazing how much these tires cost for the 175/50 R14 Abarth alloys, only two companys do tires for them and thats only 1 tire per company, not a great choice!

Also its only down to the Canvas on the edges the middle of the tire has about another 2 mm until it reaches the minimum tread thickness so its nasty tracking I think, but the back tires are perfect :D brand new just these front have gone really fast!

How fast do my-tires deliever hope it will be by end of this week im trying to use the car minimum!

Adam

Back