Technical Bad Service at Nationwide Autocentre

Currently reading:
Technical Bad Service at Nationwide Autocentre

DaveG307

I have just had my car serviced a couple of days ago at Nationwide Autocentre in Wolverhampton. Been an awful smell in car ever since, thought it would go away. I then noticed spots of oil under the car and when I opened the bonnet, I discovered the cause of the smell. The mechanic (and I use the term loosely), had left the engine oil filler cap off!!!:eek: The engine bay is now covered in oil!! Has anybody else had trouble with these people.
I have also discovered that the sump cover under the engine has come down on one side. Does anybody know whether these are screwed in, or does it clip in somehow?

I`ll be having serious words with the garage tomorrow.:mad:

I think you can get both good and bad experiences at these centers depending where they are (I've had mainly good).

I'd have a word with the service manager and get them to clean it - but you'd better tell them to forget steam cleaning :eek: unless they want to pick up a huge bill.

Undertrays are always a problem. Was is OK when you took it in?

The undertray was fine before. I presume they removed it when they changed the oil.
Would you not recommend steam cleaning for an engine?

Nationwide have had some good reports here (compared to other fast fit outlets)....suppose simple mistakes are made but I would assume garage will clean your car to your satisfaction....with gunk & a toothbrush:devil:

Back