Bad driving habits in your area

Currently reading:
Bad driving habits in your area

Had someone pull along side me last night shouting the odds as i jumped onto the pavement (shared cycle path) to dodge a set of red lights.........

then he shot off only to be caught by a red light and i nipped in front into "MY" cycle priority box he started reving his engine like a loon then suddenly stopped :confused: good look over my shoulder and there was a traffic car pulling up behind him :ROFLMAO:

Well you'll all be pleased to hear I got stopped by the police yesterday for driving down the oncoming traffic lane to make a left turn into a one way street (going the other way)...

Luckily by pretending not to speak Chinese, I got let off with a warning .... I love Taiwan - haha.
Why did they single you out? That's quite a common occurrence in Taipei isn't it? !

Probably because most of the Taiwanese are smart enough not to do it if there's a policeman there :ROFLMAO:.

One of the silliest (greatest?) things about here is you can buy a scooter from someone who is just leaving the island and never switch the name over. Result = Scooter which you can NEVER get a fine or ticket for!

Although they have clamped down a bit on this - get too many and they'll confiscate it (and of course you can't get it back as you can't prove you own it) - it's pretty rare for that to happen.

I'm going to buy one next week in my gf's name - so I guess I have the same immunity - haha

Bad drivers that remain bad drivers when there is contact details on the van there driving

A He tried to push into Quing traffic - i deny'd him to que in the lane
B - He then Went straight into a Yellow Box and Blocked the whole Junction
C - Then Went and cut me up when doing speed

took his regestration and the Company Website - Found the local Branch
Gave them a Ring - that driver is now getting a disapplinary :)

Serves him right!

Ziggy

Back