Tuning Backbox

Currently reading:
Tuning Backbox

Im after a backbox , and manifold etc for a sporting. Id like something that has a deep note off it. I seen a Ashley Full system for £200, which seems like a great price. Does it connect from the end of the manifold back and bypass the long box under the car. Also if anyone has one how does it sound, i seen there vid but id like some opinions on it or if there is any other systems out there with a nice deep note of them............

£200 is indeed a good price for a full system including manifold but will it fit your engine?
Its not bad for a cat back system - brand new.

Ask the seller what you would be getting. The cat back wont do much (if anything) for performance. If you have already heard the sound then buy it.

Preach mode ON -
Dont forget to tell the insurance. The default is they wont like your mods and they WILL pull the plug when you need them . Then you risk prosecution for driving without valid insurance.
Preach mode OFF -

Last edited:
If you intend to do some proper tuning you will need a tubular system from end to end by the same manufacturer. In the long run doing it in stages will be more costly.

I emailed Ashely and they said they dont do manifolds but there is a seller on ebay doing a manifold called john ashley, which could be a guy trying to sell on the ashley name.

i have a full ashley cat back system which i have taken off my punto to sell. It sounded preety good went well with a focus induction kit.

looking for £80-100 for the cat back ill try get some pics of it tonight if you want i also have just the backbox on its own for about £45. it passed the MOT fine for emissions and although its quite loud its well under the limits for an MOT

I sent a Brompton folding bicycle from the Midlands to Devon on the Senditnow basic (48hr) package. The van turned up just before lunch to collect the box and it arrived in Devon just before lunch the next day. :)

Back