Technical Backbox & Brakepads.

Currently reading:
Technical Backbox & Brakepads.

jcstilo

Bring Out The Stilo
Ive just bought a new backbox and some new brake pads but I was just wondering if anyone know how much it will cost me to get them fitted ( a good price?)!! :)

cheers

Do it yourself for 100% customer satisfaction :) Back box is only one clamp and rubber mounting [if its direct replacement]and you haven't said if their front or rear pads ? but guessing their front ones then 20/30mins a side to a competent DIYer (y)

sounds good.. yeh they are front pads I will have to give it a shot. Have we got any guides or anything like that? :)

Couldn't see anything in the guides for this but we can give you some directions if your up for it and you have some tech knowledge but if you don't feel competent at attempting it best left alone for the sake of you health (y)

Saw the backbox taken off mine when the remus 4 pot was fitted. The biggest factor is space and loosening/removing the clamp. If you're doing this on home ramps forget it. It only cost me 15 notes for the local tyre/exhaust centre to change them over and that's better than losing a finger. Pads are quite simple and easily accessible so would do this myself when the time comes as phil says 20/30 minutes top per corner.

some good advice :) lol dont really want to be loosing any fingers.

Ive heard all I need to do is get a new U-Bolt.. and check the bits which hold the exhaust in are not perished and then its all go from there!... probably be doing this next weekend..... anyone know if I will need any other goodies :)

Ive heard all I need to do is get a new U-Bolt.. and check the bits which hold the exhaust in are not perished and then its all go from there!... probably be doing this next weekend..... anyone know if I will need any other goodies :)

Looking at the backbox, it seems the best way to remove/refit would be to take the rubber clamp thingy (technical name, that) completely off the car then remove the backbox from the car with the rubber still attached. Then it will be easier to remove the rubber, using a bit of soap maybe.(y)

Then i suppose refitting would be a reversal of removing.

Only thing is you will need a lot of space between car and ground. Personally I would take it to a garage and let them suffer. Everytime i work under the car I can a stiff neck, especially when it's cold.

Either way, good luck with it mate. Let us know how you get on.

Follow the advice you are being given. If the backbox were easy to remove then fine most people would do it themselves. IT's NOT! The problem lies in the joint of the back box and the middle section where the 2 tend to weld themselves together and at this point you either need to use an angle grinder or hammer/chisel. If all you have is ramps........

Back