Back in a Fiat very soon.

Currently reading:
Back in a Fiat very soon.

Hello all.

It has been a while but the alfa has reached its mid-life crisis and no amount of money seems to be fixing it (think of the jew B&B scene of Borat) so I have reluctantly traded her in for a Fiat.

Not going to tell what it is just yet but it is red :p Pick her up on wednesday :)

ahh I remember your car, the light coloured 147 with the hammer hidden behind the door card? :D lol

I didn't like the grande when it came out but now I am quite fond of them so ignore my opinion haha

If it puts a smile on your face thats all that matters :D

seen an evo abarth last week going across the tay bridge Very nice but still a bit expensive for a punto :)

Picked it up last night with a fresh 23 miles on the clock.

No pics yet but i am hoping to get some when the sun comes out. She is a Punto Evo Dynamic, 1.4 16v Multiair in Exotica Red!

anyone read anything about the new twinair 500 :D back to the old days with the 2 cylinder engines :D

muppet42 said:
Sounds like a decent combo, those Multiair engines are meant to be rather impressive too.

It is a good engine but still very tight at the moment. The ECU limits the power and also how sharply you can push the throttle so at the moment it feels quite slow and going for any gaps is a strict nono (i floored it in 2nd to go for a gap and the car rolled on as if i had just lifted the clutch). However it seems to get to 50 as quick as the old alfa (and i had 100kg of IT equipment in the boot at the time).

So, so far i like it but i can't wait for the ECU "run in mode" to finish. It is already better than when i picked it up so fingers crossed (i may have had it at the red line already too :s)

Pics will come soon. I have to wash it already and i am hoping to make the next meet.

Back