Back in a Fiat very soon.

Currently reading:
Back in a Fiat very soon.

imported_abyss113

ahouls always run a new engine in nicely :D

had a friends type r not like it when he tried to vtec with split new engine :D

IS there something in the owner manual that came from fiat said, it needs to run negine in ? OR ECU has a run in period?

Ming

OP
OP
I

imported_Ransoman

YcMing said:
IS there something in the owner manual that came from fiat said, it needs to run negine in ? OR ECU has a run in period?

Ming

ecu has a run in mode. basically no power untill 200 miles and it won't let you under-rev the engine at all (it saps all power untill the engine is no longer struggeling)

Ransoman said:
ecu has a run in mode. basically no power untill 200 miles and it won't let you under-rev the engine at all (it saps all power untill the engine is no longer struggeling)

Yeah where did you get that information from ? is it written in the owners manual ?

granite

Never heard of that before, thats maybe how they get the good economy figures they quote :)

OP
OP
I

imported_Ransoman

YcMing said:
Yeah where did you get that information from ? is it written in the owners manual ?

Personal experience, educated guesses and following threads on Alfa owner (all Multi-air engines are the same in that they have a run in mode). To my knowledge the restrictions are completely lifted after 1000 miles. at 720miles now and still loosening up daily.

Martyn said:
More to the point Andrew, where are the pics?

Got to give it a wash first, thick mud all up the doors (this car really needs mudflaps!)