General Back from the brink...

Currently reading:
General Back from the brink...

Alleycat

Project Franco
Franco!
He's back :) well, almost... i'm typing this on my lunch break with a mouth full of plain crisps and beetroot sandwiches...

So this weekend, with some help and gentle persuasion from a Discovery me and a friend have been able to wiggle the front cross member back into place and get Franco's bumper back on... then the headlight :) and he's starting to look much better already!
The little plasticky bit under the headlight is the only part i've got round to spraying the right colour :p so today i've given Franco the wash and polish of his lifetime, he'd look brand new if it weren't for the scraped up bumper and mashed nose :(
And now, as I venture back out into the freezing cold of the back yard, I plan to paint the grille in winchester blue, fit it to the car, et voila! fixed :)
Well, more or less... still looking for a bonnet and front bumper, preferably, 'cause the ones he's got are a bit knackered :(
Still looking for an indicator too, not desperately but it would make a big big difference (PM me if you can help loves :)!)
Then I can focus on the more important things in life... like alloy wheels! :p :D

Got to say big big thanks to Darren for all your help in getting Franco back on the road, for the headlight and the grille :) can't thank you enough!! If only everyone was so kind, helpful and generous to someone they've never met before!! If you ever happen to be about in Stoke, you've got a friend in me :)

Pics up as soon as I can find the camera lead to my phone, grrr...
-Becky

Last edited:
Franco!
He's back :) well, almost... i'm typing this on my lunch break with a mouth full of plain crisps and beetroot sandwiches...

So this weekend, with some help and gentle persuasion from a Discovery me and a friend have been able to wiggle the front cross member back into place and get Franco's bumper back on... then the headlight :) and he's starting to look much better already!
The little plasticky bit under the headlight is the only part i've got round to spraying the right colour :p so today i've given Franco the wash and polish of his lifetime, he'd look brand new if it weren't for the scraped up bumper and mashed nose :(
And now, as I venture back out into the freezing cold of the back yard, I plan to paint the grille in winchester blue, fit it to the car, et voila! fixed :)
Well, more or less... still looking for a bonnet and front bumper, preferably, 'cause the ones he's got are a bit knackered :(
Still looking for an indicator too, not desperately but it would make a big big difference (PM me if you can help loves :)!)
Then I can focus on the more important things in life... like alloy wheels! :p :D

Got to say big big thanks to Darren for all your help in getting Franco back on the road, for the headlight and the grille :) can't thank you enough!! If only everyone was so kind, helpful and generous to someone they've never met before!! If you ever happen to be about in Stoke, you've got a friend in me :)

Pics up as soon as I can find the camera lead to my phone, grrr...
-Becky

Bless your heart, Glad to be of assistance keeping you and Franco happy (y) (y) My pleasure...:cool: