General Back Box or Full Exhaust System?

Currently reading:
General Back Box or Full Exhaust System?

Hi guys

forgive my probably easy question but I basically want to change my exhaust to make my hgt sound more sporty. I'm not interested in performance gains just the sporty sound.

so which part actually makes the noise? can i just buy a back box to get this or do i need the whole exhaust changed?

Thanks for your help (y)

Last edited:
if you fit a backbox which makes it louder, chances are you will loose power cos it wont have enough back pressure.

but how loud do you want it? how do you want it to sound?

superspint system- performance sound, not very loud, just sounds nice
rage back box- very loud, bassey roar
something like a peco full system is probably something in the middle of the above 2.

personally i like de-catted systems with 1 silencer- not very bassy, just loud as **** lol

Last edited:
Would agree with what beau has just said.

Having gone from a loudish Peco to a Supersprint on my sporting I can say that the Supersprint is a lot quieter than the Peco but everyone says it sounds better!!!

I doubt you would see much difference from just a backbox though? Performance or sound wise!

Thanks guys think i'll go for a Peco looking around at prices and watching some videos.

Found one for £220 and £12 delivery which sounds not too bad unless someone can beat that for a fiat hgt ;)

how much it cost to get exhausts fitted these days?

Also does the shape of the exhaust give different notes or is is just for looks.

Back