General Back again!

Currently reading:
General Back again!

After a step away from any fiat as my main car, the time has come to scale down my petrol bill and be a tad more frugal

So I went and put down a deposit on my new motor for the next 12 months

Image19.jpg

She is pretty clean and tidy, OEM (as much as a abarth can be) not sure if its a genuine one but the kit is clearly fiat stamped and of good quality, headrests are abarth as well.

Here is to owning a tiny fiat again!

not sure if its a genuine one

See page 129/130 of the Owners Handbook....
Silver plate -left hand side of the boot floor, this tells you the bodywork version.
S & SX =187AXCIA 02
Sporting =187AXCIA 02B
Abarth =187AXCIA 02C

If it's a standard model with bits bolted on- it's classified as modified, & they often hike up the insurance (n)
If it's a genuine Abarth- it's factory fitted equipment, & your insurance shouldn't go up (y)

Thanks ouby,

Have just checked and it's a genuin one :)

Had a nice drive home with no nasty supprises, seems a tad quicker than the 500 by the looks of it.

I have a snag list including no rear screen wash (pipe prob come away) with the throttle cable and clutch cable need tweaking.

I miss the mx5 but parking is much easer and I'm convinced that fuel gauge is broke! It's not moved

£700 quid, I expect most people are going to say thats was over the top... But it's low millage, all the same color and 3 owners from new.
It's had all the belts done and water pump, and has not long had all the factory recall stuff done like a new fuel tank.
I'm happy to pay a premium for a phase 2 abarth that's completely original :)

Back