Technical B-problems

Currently reading:
Technical B-problems

I think the crank isn't good at all. Maybe that is causing the ticking...
And i think the piston rings (or maybe the pistons themselves in the worst scenario) aren't good... (causing the 3,5L-oil-per-150-km-problem :) )

Last edited:
i know, i have the smoke.
But i spend € 1000,- on repaircosts... But the problem still isnt fixed. This dealer has replaced some parts, but it wasnt necessary!! (bearings, you have to replace the whole crank instead of only replacing bearings) So I lost about € 500,- on this stupid mistakes... #%!@%$%^#$^#

sure we have, I dont know exactly. I contacted a sort of lawyer (free assistance) so maybe i can get some money back both from the dealer and the seller....

after a long time, here's an update:

after a long period of looking for answers, i finally found one:

replace the whole engine or total recovery (direct translated :D )

(n)(n)
it's totally broken, the crankshaft, the pistons, the cylinders, everything.
Only the engine head is pretty OK. I hope....

Because of the broken crankshaft bearings, there are a lot of little iron-pieces in the engine (i think). i hope the oilfilter has filtered out a lot of pieces, else i have to replace the camshafts in the head too...
so, now i have the choice: replace the engine (cheap, but high risk, i can buy another broken engine) or recovery (expensive, but i get a new engine back).

Someone wants to donate :D:D

i have found some new software for KWP2000/KWP71, if your B uses one of these, you can get the software if you want..

hmm, all useful software will ONLY work with a DIY scanner:
http://www.blafusel.de/misc/obd2_kw_usb-interf.html

this one. you can make it by yourself and in supports most protocols (KW71, KW2000, ISO, etc) and its inexpensive. and it uses a USB port!

So the only way to read a ECU (some people on dutch forums have succesfully read their ECU) is to use the software with the DIY scanner, because the software won't work with ELM. only with the DIY.....

Back