B&M with Aftermarket stuff. Help!

Currently reading:
B&M with Aftermarket stuff. Help!

Hi folks,

I have the B&M system in my 500. I also have a lovely Alpine IDA X100 headunit sitting unused in its box since I took it out of my last car.

Question:

Does anyone know of a company making an adaptor that lets the B&M communicate with aftermarket stuff, or failing that just stops the car from chucking a hissy fit when the B&M is disconnected.

Because the B&M system is hooked up to the CANBUS ill get a flashing odometer if I just unplug it (at least thats the way it works on my Alfa) so I need to find something to 'fool' the car.

I looked on Google but didnt turn up much, I would have thought there would have been a decent market for a product like this, but maybe not.

Price isnt really an issue, so if someone knows a good audio guy who can get around these issues that would also be useful. Just looking for some direct experience really.

p.s. I dont really mind losing the B&M functionality, I just dont want to screw the CANBUS system.

Thanks.:worship:

The B&M can obviously be disconnected from the CANBUS network as B&M is an optional extra. You will need to get this done at a main dealer so the car doesnt throw a hissy fit.

A have not heard of any after market device successfully integrated with B&M to obtain more functionality. B&M struggles to connnect with basic bluetooth functionality and works only as a removable drive when connected via usb.
Pretty good for a car tbh but years behind whats available elseware.

"just my two pence worth"

Jake

Last edited:
Back