Awesomeness Last Night

Currently reading:
Awesomeness Last Night

Magic Johnson

1.4 16v Nissan Note Visia
No, no threesome stories in this thread unfortunately. :(

Last night walking home from the pics last night with the wife, these four young 'uns in their bangers (a mk1 Ford Focus with a Transformers body kit, a mk2 Clio with a Transformers bodykit, an old Civic EK9 type but not a Type R with stupid alloys, and an old VW Caddy, scraping...yes scraping along the road).

They were all tanking it down this 30mph road, so I said to the wife:

"Argh, where's the f*cking traffic cops when you need 'em?"

But you rarely see them in the inner city, so my hopes were low. Anyway, randomly this big old Jeep Cherokee comes haring after them, probably about 10 seconds behind, straight across a roundabout at I'd say roughly 45-50mph and accelerating, I'd imagine trying to catch up with his mates.

Now here's the best part. I again turned to my wife and said:

"FFS, why are they never about when you..."

And what comes roaring up behind it? A nice, big, unmarked VW Passat. As soon as it came over the roundabout I knew it the boys in blue. The feeling of satisfaction when it's lights came on was untold. Absolutely untold. It was one of those moments where nothing in the world seemed bad. Just wish he'd been tailing those four bellends that initially went past.

LOVED IT. :D

There was obviously more of them again about 20 secs later, a Lupo and some Corsas but they crawled past as soon as they saw the lights. Hilarious.

Last saturday i saw a New orleans blue Grande punto jump a set of lights which were on red in town (i was walking) Guess what was right behind it a big white ISF

humberside-police-isf.jpg

who promptly gave the driver a blue light display and a whoop of its siren

my and my dad were laughing our heads off

Last edited:
My favourite one of these was coming down a local bypass, its a single lane carriageway, 60mph. I was doing around 70mph, with a few cars in front and behind, going along nicely. Car a few cars back decides to overtake a few of us...goes past like we are standing still (no idea what car it was!), right when a car was coming towards it...pretty close, I thought it was going to be a crash and had started to break.

Next thing I know, unmarked BMW goes past with blues on...I laughed all the way home seeing them in the lay by!

best i saw was
I belting it down the motorway 85
traffic to the left i noticed the lane i was in was empty and saw a car (with a barr onto more often than not a copper) so i thought slow to 75 and pull in. done car what i was behind slowed to 70 but stayed in far lane copper got within 1" of its bumper all of a sudden indicator went on car in front and it went over 3 lanes of carriage to a slip road. 1 second later coppers must have gone wtf and followed suit

best i saw was
I belting it down the motorway 85 mph
traffic to the left i noticed the lane i was in was empty and saw a car (with a barr onto more often than not a copper) so i thought slow to 75 mph and pull in. done car what i was behind slowed to 70 mph. but the runner stayed in far lane copper got within 1" of its bumper all of a sudden indicator went on car in front and it went over 3 lanes of carriage to a slip road. 1 second later coppers must have gone wtf and followed suit

Car in the outside lane doing 70mph, copper comes up behind them at which point they quickly cross all 3 lanes of traffic to take an exit, police see this and follow suit - that about right?

That's impressive :worship:
Do you have some kind of special edition Daz-enabled Enigma machine or something?

A while ago we had the local traffic cop come down to the cadet centre to show us his unmarked Evo IX and to give us a chat about road safety.

Driving back home and what do I see? That same copper had pulled over the local 'Ped Massive and was giving them a severe bollocking. It was so satisfying, seeing the looks on their faces.....

Another thing...

One of my friends had a very nasty habit of driving whilst drunk, no matter what anyone said. One night we both were going to a friends farm, access to which was down a long private road. I knew he would have had a few, and so rigged up some bright blue led strobes i had had lying around and stuck them on the bonnet and roofbars of my car. I hid further up the lane behind some old trailers and waited for him to pass, waited a few seconds then tailed him with the lights flashing.......

He nearly soiled himself, but it had an impact on him and he hasn't drunk-driven since!

To allay any fears i would never use the blue lights on a public road, i am fully aware of how illegal that would be!:)

Back