Technical AUX Cable

Currently reading:
Technical AUX Cable

Grievezy

Hey guys, so I can't believe I've not done this with the car yet.. I want to get myself the aux cable for the 100hps standard stereo.. Dose anyone have any suggestions/best to get? Thanks ?

I got this one off eBay...
It works fine, my only criticism is that it's not quite long enough to reach the bottom of the dash...I was planning to use cup holder to store my mp3 player, I've ended up drilling a hole in the side of glovebox and routing it thru. This gives about 6" of free cable to play with inside glovebox.
Maybe it's my old age/sausage fingers, but it was much harder to route than I'd expected !

Attachments

• 1403457707213.jpg
    1403457707213.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 63
I got this one off eBay...
It works fine, my only criticism is that it's not quite long enough to reach the bottom of the dash...I was planning to use cup holder to store my mp3 player, I've ended up drilling a hole in the side of glovebox and routing it thru. This gives about 6" of free cable to play with inside glovebox.
Maybe it's my old age/sausage fingers, but it was much harder to route than I'd expected !

What comes with this one? Also I might do what u did if I get this and put it in the glove box.

It comes as in the pic....stereo to rca cable; rca to 3.5mm male and stereo removal tools. I removed glovebox in the end - not too hard apart from disconnecting airbag switch - there's not much play in the wires. Drilled hole in side of GB, behind airbag switch.

Does anyone know where the aux cable was fitted if you got it as an optional extra as new?

My advice is tie a coin to the end of the cable when you fit it and just drop it into the dash. It found its own way out of the bottom of the dash in the footwell without having to try and feed it through with my large hands! I managed to find a1.5m cable on eBay when I did mine and it reached perfectly.

Back