Automotive Confessions

Currently reading:
Automotive Confessions

We were talking about the RS 6 at work today, we decided it was a good family car.

The thing with many Audi models is there are just so many about they're not special in any way these days. At least the golf R is a bit more special than most.

Shame VW decided to make them common as muck, figures for last year off how many left show 615 golf gtis newly registered and 2100 Rs and roughly the same R dsgs and 5k GTDs. So it would appear if you want a rare fast golf you buy a GTI..those leasing deals must have been epic!

Last edited:
I now have a dark royal blue Grande with dualogic and LPG. And even here that turns eyes! The wife even likes it!!!
My first ever car was a Hillman Limp. It was a disaster. Everything that could go wrong did go wrong. I kept it for no more than a year.
The car of my dreams though is not a Roller or Beamer but a Citroen DS23. I remember driving in one and it was something special!

Spotted this on pistonheads recently...

Good lord

giphy.gif

We decided at work the RS6 would be the ultimate practical but silly fast car.

The current model is 600bhp off the dealer forecourt.

920hp..... I seriously want one !

If you haven't read the thread that goes with it I suggest you do. A remap alone was good enough for 735, and there's an autobahn run video up to 206mph. Awesome car.

Saw an RS6 and RS4 today. 6 was so wide omg.

Looked at the exhausts on it though, and was sorely disappointed to see two tiny ones hidden in the rear bumper! Kinda ruined the magic a bit.

I think some Alfa Romeos are the ugliest cars in the world. I'd sooner own a Chrysler PT Cruiser or a Morris Minor. The newer ones look okay, but a majority of the releases in the past 10 years just make me feel sick.

I think some Alfa Romeos are the ugliest cars in the world. I'd sooner own a Chrysler PT Cruiser or a Morris Minor. The newer ones look okay, but a majority of the releases in the past 10 years just make me feel sick.

They have been hit and miss of late, the Mito looks like a GP in Dame Edna's specs.

maxresdefault.jpg

Really? Have you forgotten the Nissan Puke, the more recent creations from Mini, the mk4 Renault Clio, the entire BMW X-range, the entire Audi Q-range, all Peugeots, the Honda Jazz, etc? :confused:

They have been hit and miss of late, the Mito looks like a GP in Dame Edna's specs.

maxresdefault.jpg

I must admit, I've never understood all the fuss people make about the MiTo. I'm not saying this purely because I own 1, but I've always thought the Grande was far, far better looking than the MiTo, not to mention far cheaper too.

Last edited:

I'm inclined to agree, they are all pretty standard cars trading on an old reputation of sport cars and elegance.

The old 90s spider / GTV has to be one of ugliest cars they ever produced and since then it's all been generic rep mobiles

Really? Have you forgotten the Nissan Puke, the more recent creations from Mini, the mk4 Renault Clio, the entire BMW X-range, the entire Audi Q-range, all Peugeots, the Honda Jazz, etc? :confused:
The mention of Mini always reminds me of this from Top Gear -

I take it you have no love for school-run Mum cars? :p Nissan Puke is honestly one of the weirdest looking cars, second to the Fiat Multipla. It's one of those mysteries - it's ugly but bloody popular!

The mention of Mini always reminds me of this from Top Gear - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKNn1MR0aaw

I take it you have no love for school-run Mum cars? :p Nissan Puke is honestly one of the weirdest looking cars, second to the Fiat Multipla. It's one of those mysteries - it's ugly but bloody popular!

Lol! God only knows what BMW were thinking when they gave that eyesore the go ahead! :/

And no, most definitely not. They're nothing more than status symbols bought by people with zero taste, who then proceed to drive them thinking that they automatically own the road. Quite frankly, I'd be happier to be seen driving a Lada tbh.

Yeah, I don't get how on earth anyone can look at a Puke and find it aesthetically pleasing?! :confused: People are strange, lol! ;)

Saw an RS6 and RS4 today. 6 was so wide omg.

Looked at the exhausts on it though, and was sorely disappointed to see two tiny ones hidden in the rear bumper! Kinda ruined the magic a bit.

On this subject I think modern exhausts take the Mick anyway. The new equivalent of my current car comes with a twin branch system as standard...it has 120bhp. It used to be twin pipes meant it was a fast car, 4 was insanity in car form now it's just a one upmanship exercise. I'd give the RS6 a pass on account of the power out put but 2 or 4 on anything ordinary is just willy waving and when you get those pretend chrome finishers where the exhaust comes out elsewhere they really need to go away...

Last edited:
On this subject I think modern exhausts take the Mick anyway. The new equivalent of my current car comes with a twin branch system as standard...it has 120bhp. It used to be twin pipes meant it was a fast car, 4 was insanity in car form now it's just a one upmanship exercise. I'd give the RS6 a pass on account of the power out put but 2 or 4 on anything ordinary is just willy waving and when you get those pretend chrome finishers where the exhaust comes out elsewhere they really need to go away...

Am I right in thinking some air cooled Beetles had twin pea shooters?

Also, what about the MGF? I think they have twin pipes, coming from a 120bhp engine.

I'll let a flat 4 off especially on a beetle as the exhaust comes out either side of the block. MG is a sports car of sorts again more forgivable, however a boggo in line 4 has no good reason for twin pipes..

Back