Technical Auto Stop Start not always restarting in traffic

Currently reading:
Technical Auto Stop Start not always restarting in traffic

As the title suggests the auto stop start seems to stop ok but sometimes whilst in traffic you go to pull away and it doesn't re-start! Could this be just a low battery? The car is a 63 plate 500L Trekking and has the original battery. In the end I've turned the Stop Start off to stop someone driving into the back of me.

The S/S doesn't turn off the engine if the battery condition is poor, rather than refusing to start it... so if you press the clutch in, it should start.

If it's not trying to start the engine, it could be something simple like a slightly flakey clutch pedal switch. That's the only way it knows that the clutch is in or out. If the switch is knacked then it will turn off the engine if the car is not moving and the clutch pedal is "in".

Ralf S.

It’s quite intermittent and wouldn’t start from cold the other day (first time it’s done this since we bought the car in July) and said check engine on the screen. After switching off and back on straight away it started fine. I have a Bluetooth ODBC2 connector and free software on my phone so connected that and it had fault code P0512 but am not sure if that is related or could have been there for years. I have noticed the battery is the original and the car is coming up to six years old.

It’s quite intermittent and wouldn’t start from cold the other day (first time it’s done this since we bought the car in July) and said check engine on the screen. After switching off and back on straight away it started fine. I have a Bluetooth ODBC2 connector and free software on my phone so connected that and it had fault code P0512 but am not sure if that is related or could have been there for years. I have noticed the battery is the original and the car is coming up to six years old.

P0nnn codes are general EOBD fault codes that are common across all OBD/EOBD compliant vehicles. P is for Power Train. B is for Body. C is for chassis and U is for CAN/Network

P0152 = O2 Sensor Circuit High Voltage (Bank 2 Sensor 1)

It is not uncommon for O2 sensors to give funny values. Your P0152 is possibly a pending code. Pending codes/faults are generally when the associated ECU has seen an out of band signal that is not permanent or regularly occurring. If things behave themselves and the fault does not exceed a trigger threshold then the ECU will automatically clear the pending code. Pending codes do not trigger the MIL/Engine Check Light.

Back