Technical Audio wiring diagram

Currently reading:
Technical Audio wiring diagram

DaveAll

Does anyone have a wiring diagram (or can point me in the right direction) for a New Fiat Panda Hybrid 2020/1. It's just the wiring to the Radio that I need as I think that I have found a way to add an AUX input to the Audio system. I am trying to trace the two grey wires that come from the C3 connector at the rear of the F139BT DAB Radio, removal of this connector allows the AUX function to be displayed on the panel. The other two wires go to the microphone but I need to know for certain what the grey wires (pins 16 and 17) are doing. There is a dead short across them and I suspect they are holding off the AUX selection.

Or you could do what i did, I brought a bluetooth FM transmitter with AUX in port of ebay for £20 & 3 years later it is still working fine. It was made by a brand called Nulaxy, I have the transmitter & the radio set to 87.5 which works perfectly all over the country as there is no radio stations near that frequency, with a decent AUX cable you can connect a MP3/Ipod upto it & it is decent quality. All done without having to remove the stereo.

DaveAll Does this help at all? My 2018 Panda has the uConnect radio, USB socket by the phone cradle and a second USB socket in the glovebox. Alongside that is the Aux input (this glovebox unit was dropped from late 2018 onwards). There are, I think, 5 wires connected to the AUX socket (the usb part has a separate usb plug going into the back). These are probably the same five wires I can see (but not get a photo of!) going into the back of the head unit. You can sort of see them in the attached photo.

The pin-out wiring diagram for that head unit socket is on the top of the radio itself, also pictured. Its not very clear, but I think the left most three read AF Earth, AF L and AF R - and that would tally with the appearance of this aux input lead listed on Amazon, where the three left-most pins are used https://www.amazon.co.uk/Becker-Adapter-Cable-iPhone-Player/dp/B00EDJE6KE - but what the other two wires do I don't know (maybe they are connected to a switch within the Aux socket that tells the head unit a plug has been put in?).

Edit - just realised: those other two wires are labelled AUX DET(ected?) and earth. So yes, I assume the wires on pins 16 and 17 are connected to a swtich within my Aux socket that tells the radio there's something plugged into the socket. From what you say in your first post, I'd assume this switch is normally closed, and so connects the 'DET' pin straight to earth when there's nothing plugged in, as so turns off the AUX option)

The Mic connections are at the far other end of this same plug - you can see them in that pin-out diagram (again blurred, but reads Mic + and Mic -)

The only other connections on mine (apart from the power, speakers and this third plug in the diagram) are the other end of a USB lead, and the aerial connection which are towards the other side of the back of the radio unit. This photo (found online) shows the rear of my radio - is this the same as yours? https://eurofrance24.com/media/cata...1cbc/6/c/6c5b1f256284472a9ff6d9cea1f230ff.jpg

Attachments

• FF28A9B2-4EA8-48E3-8132-2D37DD236212.jpeg
    FF28A9B2-4EA8-48E3-8132-2D37DD236212.jpeg
    277.8 KB · Views: 221
  • C1A549DB-ED6A-4859-85EA-444BDA9518CF.jpeg
    C1A549DB-ED6A-4859-85EA-444BDA9518CF.jpeg
    193.9 KB · Views: 219
  • 88128BF9-A32A-4CB4-8F0B-C41006A2BC62.jpeg
    88128BF9-A32A-4CB4-8F0B-C41006A2BC62.jpeg
    303.4 KB · Views: 226
Last edited:
This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Thank you for your detailed reply. I will investigate further using the information you provided me with.

DaveAll I thought I’d quickly try something. With nothing plugged into the Aux socket, pressing the ‘Media’ button on the radio only shows BT Audio (Bluetooth) as a source. But, putting just a plastic rod into the socket (so no electrical connection - just the presence of a 'plug') and then pressing ‘Media’ lets me choose between Bluetooth or Aux In, and shows a picture of an Aux plug. This confirms that there is a switch within the Aux socket and I believe confirms the wires on pins 16 and 17 connect to that. Very hard to photograph in the sun but you can just about see the option displayed here…

Attachments

• 68031EC7-D98A-4C72-838E-2013E70CC934.jpeg
    68031EC7-D98A-4C72-838E-2013E70CC934.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 34
Last edited:
Many thanks for your continued assistance. As I definitely don't have an Aux socket then I assume that wires from pins 16 and 17 are shorted together at the end of the wiring loom where the Aux socket would be fitted. I have removed pins 16 and 17 from connector C and get the Aux function by pressing the media button. I have made up a screened lead to an in line 3.5mm stereo Jack Socket which I have still to fit to Socket C

Back