Audio for Fiat Punto ?

Currently reading:
Audio for Fiat Punto ?

ash213

I have a punto T reg, S model. Basically the sound is poop, from what i hear there is only speakers at the front of the car, hardly any bass.

What shall i do ? all i wana do is a get a little bass so the sound gets a little better. Dont wana be spending any more than £50, so can any of you guys recomend me something to buy to get better sounds, cheers !

Thanks for the advice, i'd like to get something new as opposed to 2nd hand.

Do you have any other links to suitable speakers , and how easy are these things to install ?!

You have to cut away ? Won't that mess up the interior ? and also make the motor abit chavy !!!

Is there no kind of hidden speakers i could get ?

you could get a stealth shelf. there made of mdf and the speakers bolt underneath so the shelf looks standard from the top, also helps give a better sound
you won't get a stealth shelf and 6 x 9's for £50

If you want bass you will need to save just a little more and go second hand. Quality sound systems cost a fortune from new. Your best bet is Ebay or look out for mates who are renewing their stuff.

I got a 4 channel amp from halfrauds for £25 in a stock clearence (R.R.P. £90 :D)
A mutant 12" sub in a ported box, nearly new from a mate who needed some quick cash for £20.
Wiring kit (had to pay for this but meh..) that was £20
Fitted myself using guides on this forum so addd another £0 (soon to be £10 when I donate..well worth it but not required)

So thats £65 and I just got some 10cm speakers cos my others burst :( which was another £15.

So second hand, and shop deals my system cost me £80. Buying the amp brand new alone would have cost more than that.

To be honest I wouldn't go the 6x9 route. Deffinatley sub+amp combo (these are hidden so less chance of a break in). You don't even have to buy it together, just save a bit of cash and buy a bit of your system, then save more and buy more, piece it together, that way your not braking the bank to buy it.

It can be done dead cheap, it won't be the best system in the world but its better quality than these £200 deals from motor-world / halfrauds.

Im guessing that you dont actually want to install amps and everything else which would be the best thing to do.
Thank god some people are actually recomending 6x9's a lot of people dismiss them here on the forum but for your needs they are perfect.
You dont even need to spend as much money as everybody is recomending i will put a few links at the bottom.
The only cutting that you have to do is in the parcel shelf there would be no butchering of other trim in the car.
You could replace the speakers in the front and that would increase the sound quality of the system but still that would not give you much more bass.

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
6x9s sound like the best solution for you,

they dont look bad in the shelf so long as you do a good job

I got some JVC 350W for my old punto for 20 quid the pair in Wilco Motosave brand new, they sounded great but all the sound comes from the back rather than the front but for a bit better sound their ideal

Stop with the 6x9 thing, soundstage ( where the music comes from) should be in the front. replace front speakers with better quality ones and you will improve sound qualilty massively, better quality speakers up front with have a larger frequency response so better bass, no need for all that cutting and making you look like a chav, i have got some good coaxials up front no rear speakers, a 10" sub and a four cahnnel amp and it sounds very good, very loud.

Stop with the 6x9 thing, soundstage ( where the music comes from) should be in the front. replace front speakers with better quality ones and you will improve sound qualilty massively, better quality speakers up front with have a larger frequency response so better bass, no need for all that cutting and making you look like a chav, i have got some good coaxials up front no rear speakers, a 10" sub and a four cahnnel amp and it sounds very good, very loud.

cheers fella, sounds all good.

got any links to the kind of things i should be buying ?

what size are the speakers??

Have a look on car audio sites, there are hundreds, look at the speakers in your price range, pick co-axials and if you look at the frequency response you can get an idea of the amount of bass you can expect.

there should be a good range of speakers for that price, just avoid crap brands. Good brands for that price are pioneer and Infinity and i had some fusions whach were good for the money.

I havn't a clue what size the speakers are doode ! would you know ?

its a 99 t reg punto

So you are saying get some 6x9s which would easily replace the current original speakers at the front ?

How easy are they to replace ? I think they are under the dash board ?

Are the front speakers in your dashboard or your doorcards?

They'd be in the dash if it's a mark 1 S, won't they?

Get some GT/ELX doorcards (depending on how many doors your Punto is) and fit elec windows with 6.5" front speakers if you want to do it the easiest way. Due to the size of the dash speakers, you won't get that much more out of them IMO.

Stop with the 6x9 thing, soundstage (where the music comes from) should be in the front.

:yeahthat:

Back